Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-22 08:17:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20181227 Rel. 78313

Good day

I have the Deco WiFi Home system setup and all 3 Decos was working perfectly , until I did a firmware update on 20-Feb-2019. What happened was, the firmware update finished installing (this I done through my Smartphone's Deco app) , but once it reached the "rebooting all decos" count down timer stage , my phone lost connectivity with the Deco's Wifi network ..... this is because I walked around in the house and hit a dark spot.

Since that happened , I were able to connect to the Dewco network , but with no internet connectivity.

I then decided to re-setup the whole network.  I did a hard reset on all three Decos.  Then when I tried setting up the initial deco which was the "Main" deco , it didnt work.

I took one of the other secondary Deco's and used one of them as the main Deco , which worked perfectly. Then I connected the other secondary Deco and it worked.

But the 1 Deco (The one which was initially the "Main" Deco) .... Im having issues with that one.

When its ready for setup (flashing blue) , the Deco app on my Smartphone cannot detect the Deco.  Ive tried reseting the Deco multiple times.  Im also in close proximity (1 meter) from the Main Deco.

I would like to know how can I fix that Deco?  Im not sure if the firmware installation is messed up .... perhaps if theres a app that I can use to connect that Deco directly to my laptop and reinstall the firmware manually ... 

Please help

Regards

Dirk 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted
2019-02-23 03:36:47

When I had a similar issue, I think (It was a while ago) I just did a retry twice to the find/connect deco message when it said it couldn't find the deco, then it asked me if I wanted to connect via bluetooth and it was resolved.

Options
2019-02-23 13:24:45

Hi Dirk,

I'm having the same issue after updating this morning. The SSID is still live but no Internet connection and the app won't let me in to see what's going on. I just have red flashing units.

I want to avoid a hard reset at this stage in case that makes it worse.

Neither the ios or android app give me the option to connect via Bluetooth.

I wish there was a manual way of configuring rather than being forced to use the app.

Anyone else got any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Mark.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted
2019-02-26 01:09:10

Hi Mark,

Right now we can only use the app to install the Deco, we are researching the Web UI for the Deco, but it will not be realeased in a short time, please try to use the bluetooth to install the Deco as BarryTreeg mintioned above, it should fix the issue.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted
2019-02-26 07:28:19
Please urgently look into the loss of functionality after update 1.2.5! All my devices are having issues connecting, issues with dropped connections, low soeed, etc I have turned off Beam and reset all Deco units. It's not working. Please provide instructions for how to roll back to last firmware version ASAP.
Options
2019-02-26 20:50:01

Hi KevinZ, I had the same issue after updating and I resetted all 3 Decos. The main Deco is the only one that I cannot connect I tried with bluetooth with fixed ethernet connection to another Deco and several resets it seem that it lost wifi signal at all and cannot connect because wifi is not up in this Deco is there a way to fix it or to be reinitialized with a PC connected?

Thanks Max

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted
2019-02-27 03:35:19

Hi All,

Please send a email to  feedback.deco@tp-link.com  regarding to this issue, and attach this BBS link, there will be some related technicians to help you fix it.

Options
2019-02-28 01:31:14

Having same issue here after upgrade. It's possible do downgrade the firmware?

Options
2019-03-04 09:33:11

I'm having issues after upgrading to V1.2.5 as well. Works for a while then one of my devices will suddenly stop working over the internet, and then I'll see the Wifi isn't connected, when I try to reconnect I get told the password isn't correct for the SSID. When I try to enter the password it fails with incorrect password. If I reboot the local Deco M5 unit then I'm allowed back on with the same SSID password.

This morning I couldn't access any internet on my upstairs Deco so I walked downstairs, connect perfectly and then walked back upstairs and it continued to work. I've tried resetting the network connections on my Apple devices, and rebooting them, but I still get daily failures across a range of devices.

I've powered all the Deco's off and back on again to clear out any possible issues stuck in RAM.

I tried disabling Beamforming in case that was my issue, but no difference. I note there's an SSH listener on the device, can I gain access and revert the firmware back to the previous reliable version (v1.2.4)?

Until the update the units have worked great since I bought them back in August 2017. The update to V1.2.5 said it worked on the Deco IOS app.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 AC 1300 - Deco not found after firmware update was interupted
2019-03-05 06:21:49

SteveB09 wrote

I'm having issues after upgrading to V1.2.5 as well. Works for a while then one of my devices will suddenly stop working over the internet, and then I'll see the Wifi isn't connected, when I try to reconnect I get told the password isn't correct for the SSID. When I try to enter the password it fails with incorrect password. If I reboot the local Deco M5 unit then I'm allowed back on with the same SSID password.

This morning I couldn't access any internet on my upstairs Deco so I walked downstairs, connect perfectly and then walked back upstairs and it continued to work. I've tried resetting the network connections on my Apple devices, and rebooting them, but I still get daily failures across a range of devices.

I've powered all the Deco's off and back on again to clear out any possible issues stuck in RAM.

I tried disabling Beamforming in case that was my issue, but no difference. I note there's an SSH listener on the device, can I gain access and revert the firmware back to the previous reliable version (v1.2.4)?

Until the update the units have worked great since I bought them back in August 2017. The update to V1.2.5 said it worked on the Deco IOS app.

Hello, 

Please connect your devices as the topology below shows: modem----deco unit----PC.

And then download the beta firmware on the PC from the link below. Unzip the downloaded file, and follow the instruction in it to update the firmware for the Deco unit with the issue.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/058690555b/?dl=1 

After that, please test whether it works.

Any updates, just let us know.

Options
2019-04-24 19:44:59

After upgrading to 1.2.8 I get red led on all my units and no internet.

everything I tried resulted with the same state.

when trying to update to 1.2.5 with the software it doesn’t work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5101

Replies: 11

Related Articles