Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-02-28 17:22:29

Confirming. update 1.2.5 has been removed from auto-update.

I had 4 DECOS upgraded to 1.2.5 in my house. I picked up a DECO from another network with firmware 1.2.3 and put it as the fifth DECO at home.

As soon as it was attached on the network asked to upgrade firmware and was upgraded to 1.2.4.

The network is so now: 4 DECOS 1.2.5, 1 DECO 1.2.4

ND DECO Annotation is a NEW DECO with 1.2.4 firmware.

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-02-28 17:37:49

Xanderhook:

"I have now set the wifi to only 2.4, but this is not a solution. It's just a workaround."

Interesting; is it confirmed that the instability comes from the 5Ghz network and going to 2.4Ghz only is a workaround?

I haven't read that anywhere else, but will certainly try it.

Leogz:

"Confirming. update 1.2.5 has been removed from auto-update."

Thank you!

Options
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-02-28 19:25:35

Issues on 5Ghz Network. You can see signal gone away for some DECOS.

On 2.4Ghz i have less lost signal

Options
2019-03-01 07:29:24

CW185 wrote

Xanderhook:

"I have now set the wifi to only 2.4, but this is not a solution. It's just a workaround."

Interesting; is it confirmed that the instability comes from the 5Ghz network and going to 2.4Ghz only is a workaround?

I haven't read that anywhere else, but will certainly try it.

>> It hasn't completely removed the issues. I still have long connection times and unstable connections, but it works a bit better now at least.

Options
2019-03-01 07:31:32

I connected withTP-Link Support via chat 3 days ago. They did not have a fix and said "it's impossible to downgrade firmware to 1.2.4", but would consult with their engineers and get back to me via email within 24 hours.

It's been 3 days. No email.

Options
2019-03-01 07:37:37

This topic has the most views of ALL topics except the pinned topics.

Please add updates to your posts as you find workarounds, deal with Support etc, so we can keep the visibility high on this one.

It's clearly a poorly tested firmware upgrade that has broken the functionality for many users, TP-Link knows about it (they have removed it), and they need to not only issue a fix asap, allow downgrage, and also acknowledge that this is the case. Complete radio silence is not the way to go in cases like this.

Options
2019-03-01 10:45:33

Xanderhook wrote

Please add updates to your posts as you find workarounds, deal with Support etc, so we can keep the visibility high on this one.

I just had a LiveChat session during which the support agent confirmed

"The 1.2.5 Firmware has been withdrawn due to some issues"

She asked whether I had tried a hard reset on my main Deco, but confirmed that the firmware will still be 1.2.5 after reset.

I asked what are the known issues in 1.2.5 that caused it to be withdrawn, and do they include this stability problem that I am having?

She wanted to confirm some info with the senior enginers, and took my eMail.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-01 12:58:09

I opened a ticket as well and zero response so the pattern seems to be repeating.

Options
2019-03-01 13:25:51

After using my Deco M5 for a year, I'm about to recommend a friend to buy a set for his house.

With this latest episode on firmware issue, I'm not sure on Deco anymore if TP Link just keeps quite!

wafer 

Options
2019-03-01 22:50:36

I had the same problems with my Deco's ( running in AP-mode). Like someone else here  said, turning off Beam Forming was the solution. Now everything is OK again.

Options