Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-27 11:44:52 - last edited 2019-05-27 11:55:13

I find it hard to understand.

In my case since I updated a 1.3.0 I have no problem, everything very stable and good. What with the previous version did not have problems either.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-28 01:36:30

Try to reboot the whole system, including the modem and the deco units; besides, you can re-add them and give it a go.

Still the same, please email our tech support with the thread link attached to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Kakemanx wrote

I have the same issue after 1.3.0 upgrade, bad to non connection.. This is very irritating since i have now used 4-5 hours to fault finding.. 

Everything is good on this side, internet provider ensures me that the fiber is good.. Perfect signal to and from their equipment.. 

This is in the decos themselves... 

Options
2019-05-28 01:44:21

Hi @leogz @AlucardDante, glad to hear that the current Deco works fine, hope you enjoy the network. 

Options
2019-05-28 01:47:03

hi, please email our tech support with the link attached and then we can do further analysis and update the firmware to give it a go if you are willing to. 

mateisuica wrote

Do we get an update soon ? I can't see 1.3.0 and I'm stuck with 1.2.8 that is really really bad. Connection drops, incorrect password error, etc

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-28 01:52:13

Currently, 1.2.8 is the latest official firmware, and the next update is still under testing. Any updates, we will post on our TP-Link official websites. 

CW185 wrote

I had a "Deco Update Available" message in the app earlier in the week, but when I go to update it still says I'm "currently up-to-date" on 1.2.8

Does that mean the new firmware update has been pulled again?

Options
2019-05-28 01:58:46

Hi,

What is the network stability with computer connected to the main modem directly?

What is the light status of the Deco units when the connectiosn drops? And can you get internet from the main deco by wired cable?

Meanwhile, you can give it a go to configure it as access point, otherwise, you can email our tech support to do further troubleshooting if you would like to and with the link attached. 

Andy74 wrote

I am now on 1.3.0 and there are still problems with dropped connections on phones, ipads etc. The only thing to do when this happens is to reboot the decos or toggle wifi off/on on the units. Up till 1.2.4 everything worked perfectly but since the 1.2.5 update I have spent more hours than I would like to admit to try to fix it. I have now decided to give up. Does anybody know if the AP-mode works ok with the latest firmware or will the problems be there regardless of which mode i am running the decos in (AP/Router)?  

Options
2019-05-28 02:01:33

Hi,

It is a small probability event, few customers met this issue only, and our engineers are working on it.

Back to your case, glad to hear that it is working fine, hope you enjoy the network.

Good day.

Rioja wrote

I find it hard to understand.

In my case since I updated a 1.3.0 I have no problem, everything very stable and good. What with the previous version did not have problems either.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-28 02:44:45

After running in 1.3.0 

Definitely still see some problems 

1) slow throughput

2) authentication problems 

3) handoff problems (can still be connected to furthest deco while i'm right beside one) 

but i have to say, it is a big difference from the problems faced in 1.2.8. i would strongly recommend this as an interim solution.

The web GUI is great initiative but still slow and clunky, at least it has SYSLOGS which show Debug information. 

Have emailed support with details on what i see, am looking forward to the next firmware update. 

Options
2019-05-28 04:32:21 - last edited 2019-05-28 04:33:19

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

What is the network stability with computer connected to the main modem directly?

What is the light status of the Deco units when the connectiosn drops? And can you get internet from the main deco by wired cable?

Meanwhile, you can give it a go to configure it as access point, otherwise, you can email our tech support to do further troubleshooting if you would like to and with the link attached. 

Andy74 wrote

I am now on 1.3.0 and there are still problems with dropped connections on phones, ipads etc. The only thing to do when this happens is to reboot the decos or toggle wifi off/on on the units. Up till 1.2.4 everything worked perfectly but since the 1.2.5 update I have spent more hours than I would like to admit to try to fix it. I have now decided to give up. Does anybody know if the AP-mode works ok with the latest firmware or will the problems be there regardless of which mode i am running the decos in (AP/Router)?  

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. 

The stability of the network is good when running wired devices (even through the decos) and the light status of the decos are always green. When the dropout occur, I switch off the wifi and use 4G to access the decos via the app and the app always shows that everything is working as it should. I will try for a while in AP mode an leave it with that if it works.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-29 01:03:15

Hi,

Considering you have emailed our tech support, our engineer will contact you via email and do further troubleshooting to fix it. 

Good day. 

DY-deco wrote

After running in 1.3.0 

Definitely still see some problems 

1) slow throughput

2) authentication problems 

3) handoff problems (can still be connected to furthest deco while i'm right beside one) 

but i have to say, it is a big difference from the problems faced in 1.2.8. i would strongly recommend this as an interim solution.

The web GUI is great initiative but still slow and clunky, at least it has SYSLOGS which show Debug information. 

Have emailed support with details on what i see, am looking forward to the next firmware update. 

Options