Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-25 14:08:30

I updated the firmware to 1.2.8 and one of the deco keeps rejecting the wifi password when connecting from devices. Power off the deco resolves the issues for a few hours.The issue has only affected one out of the three deco M5's I have.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-26 08:15:19

mattm wrote

I updated the firmware to 1.2.8 and one of the deco keeps rejecting the wifi password when connecting from devices. Power off the deco resolves the issues for a few hours.The issue has only affected one out of the three deco M5's I have.

Hi Mattm,

Please kindly provide more details regarding the problem you reported.

1. What devices will encounter this issue when connecting to Deco wifi network? All devices or specific devices?

2. Open Deco app, tap More -> Advanced -> Beamforming. Turn off this option and check if the issue persists.

3. Power cycle the whole system. Power off all the deco units, then turn on the main deco at first. Wait till it shows a solid green light, then turn on other Deco units.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-07 04:05:18

After updating to 1.2.8 I have problems with port forwarding. It works for one device with port 8080, but not for another One with port 5000. Same setup, same device (it's a Raspberry Pi 3+ as follows:

1. Octoprint on the Pi: port 5000 (has to be that port)

2. Webcam om the Pi: port 8080

Both have same IP, but different ports get different parts. Both are set up the same way, but first doesn't work. 

Have tried to forward one at the time, but that doesn't help...

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-07 18:40:52

I feel your pain. I seriously regretted buying this system. Finally I said enough, was enough with trying to fix this garbage everytime TP-Link pushes a firmware upgrade, without fixing anything in the process, and just put the entire system in access point mode, and bough an Edgerouter X. The access points work fabulously in mesh configuration, and now I don't have to deal with TP-Link's crap. Like seriously we have had more firmware updates than I can count, and we are still stuck at a 16 device limit for address reservations? 

I have since changed my glowing reviews of this system I have made on several sites, and am strongly recommending that people stay away from the Deco lineup. I has actually become worse than Google Wifi, which I didn not think was possible.  

Great job TP-Link! You have turned a die-hard customer into one of your biggest haters, because you refuse to listen to your community, or customer base, and would rather alienate them.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-07 18:42:40

People have told you what the goddamn problems are, and you refuse to listen. All we get is the same canned responses everytime from you guys. Your technical support is below abyssmal. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-14 10:46:01

Hi,

In the same network, please test whether you can access it with this device's IP address and port number; meanwhile, you can use the WAN IP plus port number to test.

Besides, please use telnet to test:

1. in the same network, please go to run—cmd—telnet lan ip port number 

2. in external network, please run—cmd—telnet wan ip port number

Note: Please show us the pictures of the test results. And please disable the firewall on the device. 

Good day. 

h00etn wrote

After updating to 1.2.8 I have problems with port forwarding. It works for one device with port 8080, but not for another One with port 5000. Same setup, same device (it's a Raspberry Pi 3+ as follows:

1. Octoprint on the Pi: port 5000 (has to be that port)

2. Webcam om the Pi: port 8080

Both have same IP, but different ports get different parts. Both are set up the same way, but first doesn't work. 

Have tried to forward one at the time, but that doesn't help...

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-14 10:53:30

I have the exact same problems as described above. My system used to work without problems. After udtating to built 1.2.8 the problems started right away. All devices kept logging off (I phone X, XS, 7 and 8, Tv-box, Samsung smartTV, PS4 etc.). After power-off, forgetting the network or resetting the Decos, the system will work for a short period of time and then begin shutting out devices again. When trying to reconnect the Deco will show no internet conection or refusing to accept the password, sharing password from another device will not work. The Deco can tell one device that there are no internet connection while another device is connected and working just fine.

This need to be fixed soon, anger is growing within my family and I am the target.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-14 11:46:51

Hi @mjkienzle  ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused here, while we are trying our best  to solve your problem.

As you know, the address reservation is limited as 16, while you can setup static IP for your client device as a workaround now. And we will remind our R&D colleagues about this request. 

For the UPnP, per we replied before, there will be a firmware released to add this feature. 

If there is any application issue, just tell us and then we can work on it and try to fix it.

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-15 08:33:22

I having total 9 deco m9(1.2.6) plus now working in AP mode .Before it was in router mode my wlan is totally discoonecting ,so i put one router and changed them in AP mode.Now i am afraid if i upgrade  total system will stop. Please anyone advise me shall i go for upgrading or not

Options
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-16 05:57:31

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties with the Deco units, while we can do further troubleshooting to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology? 

2. What about the light status of the Deco when the device lost connection? Meanwhile, at that time, can you access internet from the Deco and modem by wired cable?

3. How often it happens again?  And what is the IP address obtained by your device even though there is no internet access? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

4. Please check the firmware version of all the Deco units, ensure that they are up to date. 

5. Besides, try to disable fast roaming, setup QoS as standard and clear all the high priority entries to give it a go.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

SveinM wrote

I have the exact same problems as described above. My system used to work without problems. After udtating to built 1.2.8 the problems started right away. All devices kept logging off (I phone X, XS, 7 and 8, Tv-box, Samsung smartTV, PS4 etc.). After power-off, forgetting the network or resetting the Decos, the system will work for a short period of time and then begin shutting out devices again. When trying to reconnect the Deco will show no internet conection or refusing to accept the password, sharing password from another device will not work. The Deco can tell one device that there are no internet connection while another device is connected and working just fine.

This need to be fixed soon, anger is growing within my family and I am the target.

Options