Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-29 01:11:59

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your clarifying. 

First, you can reboot the whole system, including the modem and the Deco units; or you can take some time to test the stability when the Deco works as access point.

Any updates, do not hesitate to come back to us. 

Good day. 

Andy74 wrote

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. The stability of the network is good when running wired devices (even through the decos) and the light status of the decos are always green. When the dropout occur, I switch off the wifi and use 4G to access the decos via the app and the app always shows that everything is working as it should. I will try for a while in AP mode an leave it with that if it works.

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-06-04 02:01:41

I am not sure but would our community users to assist and test it out.

Basically, I was having the same issue and I only got the problem after updating to 1.3.0 Build 20190419 Rel. 70702.  

A lot of the devices are not able to connect stating wrong password or no IP address assigned.  Need to restart the main router and it works temporarily.

I saw that Beamforming was enabled and by disabling the Beamforming, thus far I have yet to get the problem.

Maybe need some confirmation.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-06-04 07:41:07

SmartWIFI wrote

I am not sure but would our community users to assist and test it out.

Basically, I was having the same issue and I only got the problem after updating to 1.3.0 Build 20190419 Rel. 70702.  

A lot of the devices are not able to connect stating wrong password or no IP address assigned.  Need to restart the main router and it works temporarily.

I saw that Beamforming was enabled and by disabling the Beamforming, thus far I have yet to get the problem.

Maybe need some confirmation.

Thanks

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

Please trace the stability with Beamforming disabled.  If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options
2019-06-09 00:16:23

I have been running the updated file tech support sent me about a month ago.  Following the instructions, I updated all the deco's (6) ndividually with the main deco updating last.  I am running 1.2.8 with a 7ff20190514 build.  Everything is on except beamforming and my internet has been rock solid for the entire month.  None of the issues I had with the older builds.  I am back to being very happy with the system, as I was before they "broke" it with that terrible update.  I just wanted to wait a substantial amount of time before reporting that the new build works great.  Thanks to tech support for finally fixing the issue!

Options
2019-06-09 01:22:34

Hi,

Glad to hear that the current Deco works fine with the latest firmware. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

You can take more time to test its performance, any updates, just let us know. 

Have a nice day. 

Thejudge wrote

I have been running the updated file tech support sent me about a month ago.  Following the instructions, I updated all the deco's (6) ndividually with the main deco updating last.  I am running 1.2.8 with a 7ff20190514 build.  Everything is on except beamforming and my internet has been rock solid for the entire month.  None of the issues I had with the older builds.  I am back to being very happy with the system, as I was before they "broke" it with that terrible update.  I just wanted to wait a substantial amount of time before reporting that the new build works great.  Thanks to tech support for finally fixing the issue!

Options
2019-06-10 06:49:28

I had some serious problems with my decos ever since the 1.2.5 upgrade in march. Now I have been running 1.3.0 rel 26613 for about a week and it seems as all the problems I had are now gone. So if anyone is still experiencing problems, give 26613 a try.

Options
2019-06-12 02:14:47

Andy74 wrote

I had some serious problems with my decos ever since the 1.2.5 upgrade in march. Now I have been running 1.3.0 rel 26613 for about a week and it seems as all the problems I had are now gone. So if anyone is still experiencing problems, give 26613 a try.

Hi Andy, can share the 1.3.0 rel 26613 to me?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-06-12 02:20:45

Hi Splee,

You can email our tech support with the details of the current issue to get the firmware. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Good day. 

Splee wrote

Hi Andy, can share the 1.3.0 rel 26613 to me?

Options
2019-06-12 07:14:59

Good morning Kevin. Becouse reason in my update in Spain is 1.3.0. "REL 70702". Different from that of Andy etc. Thank you

Options
2019-06-13 07:09:52

Hi,

The 1.3.0 rel 36613 is still under test, it has been released for some customers to test the performance. 

Good day. 

Rioja wrote

Good morning Kevin. Becouse reason in my update in Spain is 1.3.0. "REL 70702". Different from that of Andy etc. Thank you

Options