Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-02 00:46:04

PvA wrote

Like someone else here  said, turning off Beam Forming was the solution. Now everything is OK again.

Interesting; turning off Beam Forming didn’t make any difference for me.

But turning off 5Ghz does seem to have helped a lot.

i am now 2.4Ghz only with Beam Forming on and it seems to be stable.

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-04 13:36:35 - last edited 2019-03-04 13:37:18
Options
2019-03-05 18:04:45 - last edited 2019-03-05 18:05:13

betelgeuse wrote

Did anyone tried this:

? Any success?

TP-Link support eMailed me that patch, but I haven't tried it because I don't have the pulsating blue light that they describe.  This seems to relate to a situation in which a Deco does not get through the upgrade process and ends up in a funny state.

None of my Decos are in that state; they all have solid green lights and are shown as "working well" in the App under Deco Health Check.  For now, with 5Ghz disabled, everything seems stable.

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-05 18:12:43

We also can not always connect with the deco. The connection is blocked because the deco says that the password is not correct ..... All the problems mentioned in this topic are pretty much the same. My housemates complain of stone and leg. I am ready to throw them away and are about to buy a set of Asus Lyra if a fix does not come quickly. It is also very unfortunate that you can not downgrade the software as the previous version.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-05 18:28:27

I applied the patch to all my units even none of them was pulsating blue. It sorted out all my disconnection issues back to normal.

Options
2019-03-05 19:33:28

Patje01 wrote

We also can not always connect with the deco. The connection is blocked because the deco says that the password is not correct ..... All the problems mentioned in this topic are pretty much the same.

Try switching off 5Ghz - that has worked for me.

Otherwise (or if you need 5Ghz) you might want to try the Beta firmware.

Options
2019-03-05 22:18:11

CW185 wrote

betelgeuse wrote

Did anyone tried this:

? Any success?

TP-Link support eMailed me that patch, but I haven't tried it because I don't have the pulsating blue light that they describe.  This seems to relate to a situation in which a Deco does not get through the upgrade process and ends up in a funny state.

None of my Decos are in that state; they all have solid green lights and are shown as "working well" in the App under Deco Health Check.  For now, with 5Ghz disabled, everything seems stable.

Read patch instructions. the patch is downgrade to 1.2.4. Need to be reset device, wait flash blue light and run patch direct via ethernet on Deco. 

[modem] ----- [ deco w/ blue light ] ----- [ pc with patch app ] 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-06 07:01:20

No it's not 1.2.4. The instructions says it's not for users running 1.2.4. It's definitely 1.2.5 with build number 20190228.

Options
2019-03-07 22:02:02

Problems returned with Beam Forming disabled. I will try if disabling 5GHz will make a difference.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-03-08 09:10:30

PvA wrote

Problems returned with Beam Forming disabled. I will try if disabling 5GHz will make a difference. 

Beam Forming made no difference for me.  Disabling 5Ghz fixed the disconnection problems that I was having.

Options