AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-25 09:15:23
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I recently bought an archer c1200. I connected it to my BT Smart HUB (not sure if I can replace the BT smart hub for the archer and not just connect the archer to it). It worked straight after connecting it but randomly some devices connected to the wifi don't have internet connection (but they connect to the net). It happens randomly to random devices, not to the same ones all the times.

Is there any restriction on the number of devices connected to the net? Obviously I disabled the wifi on the BT Smart HUB.

Hope somebody knows, cause I wouldn't like to return it :(

Options
7 Reply
Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-02-26 03:32:01

In this case, if you are using the telephone line(RJ11) to supply internet to your BT Smart HUB, the C1200 will not able to replace the BT Smart HUB, because the C1200 only compatible with the Ethernet cable conenction( RJ45).

Regarding to the wireless dropping issue, please check the BT Smart HUB's LAN IP address, C1200's default LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1, we need to avoid the IP conflic between them. And also refer to this FAQ to do some troubleshooting: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2237.html

Options
Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-02-26 08:51:25

Thanks for the answer. There is no conflict, the BT Smart Hub has a different IP. I can actually access both interfaces from their respective IPs.

Options
Re:Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-03-03 03:23:04

Hi Rido,

If there is no IP conflict, have you change the wireless channel and channel width settings on the router? Does it fix the issue? 

Besides, please check the firmware version of the router and make sure it is up to date.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-03-07 13:40:41

The firmware was the first thing I updated. Regarding the channels, it happens even when I connect through wire. Actually, everytime I go back home from work I have to reboot the router once in order to get back internet into my desktop... It is quite annoying.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-03-08 08:39:23

Hello Rido,

What is the current network topology? HOw do you connect them together?

With wired connection stopped working, what is the light status of the C1200? What is the IP address and default gateway obtained by your computer at that time?

Below is the instruction to find them: 

Meanwhile, please connect your computer to the BT hub to check the information mentioned above to do a comparison analysis. 

Besides, per I said, if the internet source comes from as ethernet connection, you can use the C1200 to replace the BT hub and check whether you have the same issue.

What is more, when did you buy this Archer C1200? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-03-20 11:38:56

I bought it recently and I updated the firmware already. Regarding the topology, I had my BT Smart hub and then the archer connected to it. That was one of the problems. I removed the BT and connected the archer directly and I have to say all the internet drops are gone.

But that gave me a new issue. I am a League of Legends player, and sometimes the new configuration gives me like 2 seconds of disconnection for no reason. Randomly stops giving any internet and then after 2 seconds everything goes normal (my ping is usually around 20ms, so it is not a problem of me having ping or spikes).

Does anybody knows any page where I could find a good configuration of AC1200 for gaming? Perhaps I just need to find the best way to configure my router.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:AC1200 drops internet connection for some devices
2019-03-21 01:59:23

Rido wrote

I bought it recently and I updated the firmware already. Regarding the topology, I had my BT Smart hub and then the archer connected to it. That was one of the problems. I removed the BT and connected the archer directly and I have to say all the internet drops are gone.

But that gave me a new issue. I am a League of Legends player, and sometimes the new configuration gives me like 2 seconds of disconnection for no reason. Randomly stops giving any internet and then after 2 seconds everything goes normal (my ping is usually around 20ms, so it is not a problem of me having ping or spikes).

Does anybody knows any page where I could find a good configuration of AC1200 for gaming? Perhaps I just need to find the best way to configure my router.

Thanks

Hi Rido,

First, it is glad to hear that all the internet drops are gone with C1200 connected to the internet source directly. 

Back to your case, you can enable upnp to make online games run more smoothly.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1543/

May it help.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3293

Replies: 7

Related Articles