Archer VR2800 QoS blocking Solar system data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-25 23:27:35
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

Upgraded to a Archer VR2800 other day.

Set everything up, turned on QoS since mainly used for gaming in the house

Set PC (wired) to high priority, everything else to medium.

For some reason with QoS Enabled my Foronius Solar system wasn't transmitting data, looking at the Traffic monitor list showed alot of tx packets being dropped. It didn't matter what I set the solar to (high medium or low) if QoS was turned on, then data wasn't comming through to the webapp/server. As soon as I turned QoS off 10 seconds later data was showing up.

Is there some other setting I can change in QoS to make it work? or is the QoS just broken?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 QoS blocking Solar system data
2019-02-26 08:28:55

Usually QOS function will just limit the speed instead of block data, is the Foronius Solar system using the APP or website? If you wait for a long time, can you see the page load?

Options
Re:Re:Archer VR2800 QoS blocking Solar system data
2019-02-26 21:31:08

That is what I thought, it should just limit the speed if something else is on the network using it.

From what I can tell, it sends data so their servers and I can view it on the app/website (and while QoS was on, no data was sent for 2 days, as soon as I turned it off data was being sent)

I also noticed when I was first trying to figure out why, that there was alot of dropped Tx packets being reported in traffic monitor of the router, again with QoS off that number is massivly reduced. (only other things on wifi were couple phones/ipads that were not really using the network at the time)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer VR2800 QoS blocking Solar system data
2019-03-01 08:38:18

You'd better send the router's log to TP-Link for research. This case is special.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 989

Replies: 3

Related Articles