Since updating firmware bandwidth decreases to nearly a quarter within a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-27 08:57:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

So I've noticed that since updating the firmware my bandwidth drops from 350mbps to 90mbps within a day.   I've checked the usage of all of the devices whilst running the speedtests and nothing is being used. 

A reboot of deco seems to sort it out, but it will drop back down to 90 within the day. 

any ideas?  It is 100% related to deco as my modem hasnt been rebooted, nor any of the machines i test from and a reboot of the deco resolves the issue so everything points to the deco. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Since updating firmware bandwidth decreases to nearly a quarter within a day
2019-02-28 02:20:08

All,

I did a "Update Deco" check. It reports my 1.2.4 Build 20181106 Rel. 48798 as "up-to-date". It looks like TP-Link has removed the new version 1.2.5.

I'm not surprise consider so many people report issues!

wafer 

Options
Re:Re:Since updating firmware bandwidth decreases to nearly a quarter within a day
2019-02-28 11:53:00
oh wow. ok thanks for checking. pity they are not allowing roll back or hurrying up with a fixed update then :(
Options
2019-10-28 17:01:31

just bumping this one as i still get this bloody problem.   I either have to unplug the ethernet cable from the main M5 router (to the gigabit switch) for a couple of seconds, or sometimes a reboot sorts it.    this is FAR from ideal.  

changing the QOS settings did seem to sort it for a short while but the problem soon came back.    does noone else seem to get this issue??

Options
2019-10-29 07:21:16

@thefunkygibbon 

Replied to you on your another thread. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1355

Replies: 4