fail in configuration of TP Link extender TLWA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-27 18:09:52

hello

i am trying to configure my extender

all goes well until the end

but hen i select the extender network from my wifi available list and i am asked to give a password which is and should be normally my host router password i get an error message saying pasword not correct.

and beleive me i h ave checked the password 

i can't think of what the issue can be because it is very simple config

any help is much appriciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:fail in configuration of TP Link extender TLWA850RE
2019-03-01 07:49:53

Hello,

Do you mean you finished all the setup procedures, and then try to connect to the extender's wifi, then it ask for a wifi password? What's the extender's wifi name? If you set up the extender's wifi successfully, usually the default wifi name will disappear, and it copied the router's wifi name and password. 

Please factory reset the extender by press the reset button on it for 8 second, until the light change, then refer to the manual below to reinstall it. Please change the extender's wifi name to another one in step 5, then you can tell which wifi is from the extender, and which one is from the router. Finally connect to the extender's wifi and test the internet, password is the same with your router.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-930.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 1