How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-03 21:34:51
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good day,

I just bought a TL-WR802N. I am traveling and only have Android devices with me. 

Although the router's SSID shows up in the list of available networks, I am unable to connect to that network using the password provided on the ID label of the device itself. The connection gets to the "obtaining IP address" phase and gets stuck there.

I tried hard-resetting the device, still no luck.

I have used another of these routers in the past and setting it up wireless was an option.

Thank you for your help!

Options
6 Reply
Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-04 08:02:10

Hello, Howard, 

How did you reset it?

With the Router powered on, use apin to press and hold the Reset button (about 5 seconds) until the LED becomes quick-flash from slow-flash. And then release the button and wait the Router to reboot to its factory default settings.

If possible, you can borrow another device to login to the 802N to set it up. 

Below is the instruction to configure it as a wireless router.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1274.html

May it help.

Options
Re:Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-05 00:01:01

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello, Howard, 

How did you reset it?

With the Router powered on, use apin to press and hold the Reset button (about 5 seconds) until the LED becomes quick-flash from slow-flash. And then release the button and wait the Router to reboot to its factory default settings.

If possible, you can borrow another device to login to the 802N to set it up. 

Below is the instruction to configure it as a wireless router.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1274.html

May it help.

Good evening, 

Thank you, greatly appreciated. I did exactly that. I think the issue is that it is an older version of the router. I noticed that the status screen says "hardware version is wr702n". The factory default is wireless router and that is not accessible via tplinkwifi.net. I plugged it into my isp modem and was then able to access it, but not via 192.168.0.254, but 192.168.1.1 instead. I set it up to one of the "while traveling" options and can now access it. Just need to remember not to reset it. ;-)

I wonder which firmware I should choose - wr702n per the status page or wr802n per the label affixed (and the model name showing in the upper right corner of the status screen). Or leave the firmware as is. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-05 06:08:26

Hello Howard, glad to hear that you sorted it out finally.

While it is weird regarding to the model number; if the router works fine right now, you do not have to update the firmware, just leave it; 

Otherwise, please show us the picture of the status page and the bottom label of actual device. 

Thanks in advance. Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-05 08:56:29

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello Howard, glad to hear that you sorted it out finally.

While it is weird regarding to the model number; if the router works fine right now, you do not have to update the firmware, just leave it; 

Otherwise, please show us the picture of the status page and the bottom label of actual device. 

Thanks in advance. Good day.

Good day,

Here are the requested photos:

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-06 07:28:49

It may have another 702N on your network, so when you try to login, it has been redicted to the web of 702N.

You can clear the cache and it will show the exact model.

Options
Re:How to configure TL-WR802N via wifi
2019-03-07 01:05:35

Will wrote

It may have another 702N on your network, so when you try to login, it has been redicted to the web of 702N.

You can clear the cache and it will show the exact model.

I have never had one of these in my network. I have since also changed the IP address to 192.168.72.1 and I still see the same thing. 

Not sure if this will cause problems in the future. It works for now and I will not attempt to upgrade the firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1331

Replies: 6

Related Articles