Unable to log in/via ethernetcable, connected but no internet, unable to connect messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to log in/via ethernetcable, connected but no internet, unable to connect messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-05 11:04:53
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting, staying connected and now I'm even unable to log in via Wireless or ethernet cable to the Extender.

On laptops & phone this issue occurs. So on my phone I am not able to send pictures or files when connected to the TP wifi but I can on the router Wifi. And on my laptop I cannot connect to my VPN half the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it usually says connected, no internet.

Not being able to log in to the Range extender is new. I got the tether app and can connect there, but it also keeps disconnecting.

The extender is now next to the router and I can logon to my router without any problems and that wifi signal is working fine.

Even if I am able to log into the extender I do not know what to check/change to get my signal stable again.

I am thinking of throwing teh extender out of the window because I can't work from home like this...but I'm afraid that doens't fix anything so I hope someone has a suggestion.

thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to log in/via ethernetcable, connected but no internet, unable to connect messages
2019-03-06 06:40:14

Hello, what is the current light status?

After initial setup, the default IP has changed, not 192.168.0.254 anymore, it is suggested to login to the web UI of main router to get the current IP address of RE450 and use it  to login. 

Regarding to the unstable connection issue, how far away between the extender and main router? Have you setup different wifi name for it? 

Besides, it is suggested to troubleshoot and narrow down the root cause as below instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2233.html

Meanwhile, we need get some details: like the light status, the stability of the wired connection, whether you can get internet from the main router when RE450 stops working?What is the IP/default gateway you obtained at that time and so on. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Unable to log in/via ethernetcable, connected but no internet, unable to connect messages
2019-03-06 22:05:48

Hi Kevin,

I was unable to log on to the extender even with the extender next to the router or via ethernetcable. The lights of the extender are on, the tether app works on and off).

I changed the channel of the router, it seems I have a more stable connection now and I was able to log onto the extender. I will check if the channel was the problem or everything’s fixed now. The bad connection was on both channels and often the signals on my laptop were gone but still working on my phone.

I’ll come back it the problem keeps occuring and the faq doesn’t fix it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to log in/via ethernetcable, connected but no internet, unable to connect messages
2019-03-07 06:26:03

Hi Layla,

All leds on means that the RE450 should be working fine, after setup, the default IP address won't be 192.168.0.254 anymore, instead, it is assigned by the main router. 

It is suggested to find the current IP address of the RE450 on the web UI of main router and then you can use it to login.

You can take some time to test, any updates, just let us know.

Options