M7450 missing battery display info

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-13 07:13:16
Model: M7450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7. Build 180720 Rel. 1045n

So i just bought a new M7450 yesterday to replace my older M7310 that went missing. I noticed that the device doesnt display the remaining battery percentage in the top corner next to the battery icon. I've looked all over the menus and havent been able to find an option to show this. However on the tpMIFI app on my phone, i can see remaining charge percentage, but no idea why it wont display on the device itself. 

My old M7310 did not have this problem, the battery percentage was always displayed in the upper corner next to the battery icon, and i think its a far more useful indicator in real world use. I also looked on google images, and found that some M7450s had the same 'issue' as mine, while some were completely fine with the % showing up on the display, which is making it pretty confusing on what the root cause is. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:M7450 missing battery display info
2019-03-14 09:54:37

Hello,

There is no function to display the remaining battery percentage on the screen based on the latest firmware. If you want to use it, you may downgrade the firmware and give it a go.

Below is the download link: http://support.tp-link.com/f/0bf1f6a1aa/?dl=1 

How to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1655.html

Otherwise, you can regard the function on the app as a workaround to satisfy your needs for now.

For your information, there is a plan to add the low power notification function in the near future. 

May it help.

Good day. 

Options
Re:M7450 missing battery display info
2021-10-04 17:04:34

@Kevin_Z 

Quote: "For your information, there is a plan to add the low power notification function in the near future."

This information is now 2½ years old - this feature is still not re-implemented.

I don't understand how tp-link can remove features (without knowing if they were used or not) and still call it an "upgrade"?

Now there are no longer any older firmware versions available that includes the remaining battery in percentage - and I did the error and upgrade without extracting the existing running version first- So I am now stocked with a new firmware - with less usefull features than before.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1299

Replies: 2