TP-Link Archer C7 to better utilize 1gbps internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-13 10:04:06 - last edited 2019-03-18 17:56:58
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I just had my internet plan upgraded to a 1gbps plan. Plugging directly into the new modem my desktop will usually pull ~950mbps consistently. Once I add my Archer C7 into the mix, my speeds are significantly worse. Lorem Ipsum Right now I'm getting 320mbps wired directly into the router. Temp Mail Wireless devices going over the 5Ghz ac only WiFi see roughly the same speeds or worse. If I reboot the router, 10 Minute Mail the wired connection will probably jump up to 500 or 600mbps but obviously still quite slow compared to what it should be.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 to better utilize 1gbps internet connectivity
2019-03-13 12:22:27

Hello,

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the C7 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

Meanwhile, please check the information mentioned above with your device connected to the modem directly so that we can do a comparison analysis.

What's the current hardwar and firmware version? 

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Good day.

Options
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 to better utilize 1gbps internet connectivity
2019-03-13 21:15:07

I would disable ddos attack protection. That is usually the main culprit to slow internet.

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C7 to better utilize 1gbps internet connectivity
2019-03-14 01:32:58

vBDKv wrote

I would disable ddos attack protection. That is usually the main culprit to slow internet.

Hello,

You can give it a go and then check whether it works.

Please notice that the wired/wireless link speed is important as well, which will affect the actual network speed.

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 3

Related Articles