Maximum speed Ethernet Backhaul satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-15 08:46:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I have an internet connection off 200mb/s.The main deco m5 which is connected to my internet modem gives a wireless speed of 200mb/s. Measured with a speedtest. From this device an ethernet cable is connected to my Netgear switch. From this switch my second M5 is connected with a Ethernet cable. The third M5 is connected wirelessly.

The main M5 gives a speed of 200mb/s but sitting next to the second ethernet backhaul M5 the maximum is 90 mb/s. I would expect that it should be the same as the main M5.

What could be causing the speeddrop?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Maximum speed Ethernet Backhaul satellite
2019-03-15 19:36:12

Could it be the device is attaching to 2.4ghz rather than 5ghz? I have a similar setup (3rd device wired not wireless). I noted that my Galaxy s7 would see a speed drop as it would pick up the 2.4ghz band. Don't see that on my new S10...so maybe it's your wirelss device...

Options
Re:Re:Maximum speed Ethernet Backhaul satellite
2019-03-17 09:33:46

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using an Ipad 2017 both for the first and second M5. So same device different result depending on first (direct internet modem connection) or second (wired ethrenet bachaul from switch) M5.

And wit the second M5 I am siiteng next to it.

Options
Re:Maximum speed Ethernet Backhaul satellite
2019-03-18 02:39:20

Hello,

The current network layout is modem--Main deco-- switch-- 2nd Deco ))(( 3rd Deco, right? 

How far away between each other? 

With your computer connected to the 2nd Deco directly, please test the wired speed/ wireless speed and check the wired/wireless link speed as well. 

Note: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

Besides, to narrow dow the root cause, it is suggested to connect your computer to the switch directly to test the wired speed.

Any updates, please let us know.

Nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1251

Replies: 3

Related Articles