Tp-link MR400 external antenas

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-16 21:10:59
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello can somebody tell how is possible to ad external antenas do the new MR400 v.2?

Because Tp-link before the launched this version v.2 the router had detachable LTE antenas on the back... Now it seems that the undetachable antennas are for the wifi connection and the LTE antenas are on-board printed the circuit board of the router (I opened it and saw)! This is a problem to me since I bought this router in a propose to ad 2 external LTE antenas for better coverage and now I am stucked in the issue. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tp-link MR400 external antenas
2019-03-18 00:52:07

Hello,

Per you said, the MR400 V2 has 2 internal 4G LTE Antennas, so it is impossible to add external LTE antennas.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-4691_Archer-MR400.html#specifications 

While as you can see, V1 & V3 both have the 2 Detachable 4G LTE Antennas, you can contact the retailer whether you can change a V1 or V3 unit.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Tp-link MR400 external antenas
2019-03-18 18:02:28

Hello, 

I know that, but could tell me the name of the 2 sockets solded in the circuit board of the part of the modem, inside the MR400? 

I just want to know the correct reference because I also know that sockets besides serves the manufacturer diagnostic, can be used to attach 2 adapters ending on Sma plug to connect external antenas... Please help me! 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tp-link MR400 external antenas
2019-03-19 11:43:43

Hello,

the internal LTE antenna is welded into the PCB broad, while we do not suggest you to disassemble the product because of the warranty policy, we will not provide warranty service if the product was faulty.

Instead, if you want to change or replace the LTE antenna, it is suggested to change another hardware version, like V1 or V3.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tp-link MR400 external antenas
2019-03-28 09:17:49

Are you talking about these? I do also want to know - what type of connectors are these, and can they be used to connect external LTE antennas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 8884

Replies: 4

Related Articles