Deco M5 api??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 api??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 api??
Deco M5 api??
2019-03-17 16:22:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Previously had an old Netgear router setup as AP to handle all wireless in my 4300 sq/ft home.  Had some dead spots that we knew to avoid.  

Black Friday 2018, there was a deal on Deco m5 on Amazon, so I bought it.  The setup was cake.  Seemed the Deco APs would need a reboot once a week as WiFi would slow to a halt.  

A reboot of this would remedy things.

Something our previous old netgear never needed - despise weak signal, it just always worked.  

Thinking I just received a bad batch of deco m5s, I worked with amazon on an exchange.  Setup the new m5s and they too exhibit the same need for it’s attention reboot weekly or more.  It drives me nuts that these can’t just work without needing the occasional reboot.

now my question.  Is there an api for the deco m5s?  Or any way to reboot the APs remotely via CLI?  I would love to setup a monitor and if slow or unresponsive WiFi speed, then trigger restart of APs.  If an api is available, I can write an app to trigger reboot or schedule nightly reboots.  

Again, I wish we could just use the wireless internet without this inconvenience.  While the coverage is much better than our old netgear ap, the burden of having to reboot is a pain.  

Anyone else experience this? 

-J

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 api??
2019-03-18 02:47:31

Hello,

To ensure the stable performance of cloud server so as to provide good experience to end-users, currently, TP-Link has no plan to open smart home API to terminal user or third-party parterners. But fortunately, some programers have shared their own findings regarding API on Github/Softscheck. You can go to this kind of site to have a look.

Your understanding would be much appreciated. 

Back to your case, could you please provide more details about the current speed issue and then we can give you a specific answer. Including but not limited:

1. The current network topology/layout.

2. The ISP and bandwidth you paid.

3. The speed you can get from the Deco APs normally/abnormally.

4. The speed you can get from the main router when the Deco's speed slow to a half.

Thanks in advance, good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Deco M5 api??
2020-09-12 18:46:17

@Bigjimcfh Exactly the same behaviour here. Lasts a few days to a week then I need to reboot. Not sure if they are degrading individually or not - typically need the network functioning when I notice it so I just walk around the house twice. Lap 1 - unplug, lap 2 plug. Back into the office, wait a minute of two and voila! Fast internet again. Works every time. Clearly the Deco's. But also clearly consumer grade stuff. Rarely have these issues on the WAPs in the office. Of course, those cost 10x as much :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3469

Replies: 2

Related Articles