Red light for Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Red light for Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Red light for Deco M5
Red light for Deco M5
2019-03-19 10:56:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I got a set of 3 Deco M5 units installed in my home yesterday.  It seems like it's not very stable as from time to time the light changes to red (and disconnected from internet).  What should I do when the light is red?  What can I do to improve the stability?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Red light for Deco M5
2019-03-20 00:57:29

Hello,

What is the current network topology? 

If all the decos become red at the same time? At that point, can you get internet from the modem directly? 

How often it drops internet and how do you sort it out after that? 

Besides, is there any error message on the Deco app? Can you check the IP address of Deco?

Thanks in advance. Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Red light for Deco M5
2020-01-30 13:19:04 - last edited 2020-01-30 14:18:26

@Yiu Since i Purchased my first three Deco M5's +2 late last year i too have experienced the "Static RED light" of no service.

I have on some occasions rebooted the main unit numerous times, and then fingers crossed it works. Reboots don't tend to be a sure thing to fix the issue.

Most recently i set the Main M5 to have a static IP address on my Virgin HUB, and for these last 2 weeks its been solid, until yesterday.

since then, i have rebooted my Virgin HUB. There were no internet issues connecting to the Virgin hub from my iPhone before or after the reboot.

The Main M5 has been rebooted more than few times now.....Still Static RED.

I was quite surprised to see that the TP-Link reply in this thread was querying the OP's Topology. Considering the Deco M5 is as a Domestic solution as opposed to Business solution, i can't imagine this terminology would be helpful to a vast amount of your loyal customers like myself.

Can somebody please give us a definitive answer to resolve the Static RED light issue. something is surely wrong and needs looking into, if the system is stable for 2 weeks then decides quite randomly not to work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9805

Replies: 2

Related Articles