Deco M9 Plus Wifi Speeds faster than ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-24 03:17:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20181206 Rel. 47778

I am having issues with my Deco M9 Plus I bought yesterday. It is all set up and I can get wifi in pretty much all placed I want, but the speed of my wired clients is about a third to a half of what I get from those connected via wifi. I have a 100/40 plan which tops out at about 94/36 or so with overheads and I get that pretty much on wifi when near the Deco's, but my wired clients are getting 50/2 or so and I am not sure why.

My network is as follows:-

Fibre to premises -> Deco M9 -> Netgear GS724T V4 Switch -> 2nd Deco M9 (Lots of wired clients as I have CAT6 in my walls)

I bought the Deco to replace an Asus Lyra kit as it would continually drop wifi but my ethernet was rock solid and gave me full speed and I am not sure what is happening. Previous to the Lyra I have also used a Google Wifi and Netgear Orbi and none have given me slow Ethernet but other unrelated issues. I thought the M9 looked the goods but just want my Ethernet and Wifi speeds to be the same.

Any pointers?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Wifi Speeds faster than ethernet
2019-03-25 01:26:22

what kind of device you used  to did the speed test? Please notice the wired link speed which will affect the actual speed. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/ 

Meanwhile, try to connect your computer to the main deco by wired cable directly to run the speed test and post a picture of the results there. 

Besides, change another wired device to do the test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 1

Related Articles