Condition Pool

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Condition Pool

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Condition Pool
Condition Pool
2019-03-24 17:02:00
Model: Archer VR900v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 1.4 v004c.0 Build 160316 Rel.44905n

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how to use condition pool -feature.

When I try to add the condition pool, there are following fields:

Group: Default (fixed value, cannot be changed)

Facility: (I have used this field as a name, e.g. MyPhone)

Vendor ID: xx:yy:zz  (three first segments of the MAC address of my phone)

Start IP address: 192.168.0.28

Stop IP address: 192.168.0.34

Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

Device type: Phone

Add option:  {Option_241, Option_242, Option_243, Option_244, Option_245}  (I have no idea what these are but one of these has to be selected)

Option value: (If the previous field has any option selected, there has to be a value defined here, no idea what it should be).

I haven't tried much of these, since this just doesn't seem to work using educated guesses.

I've used mainly Option_241, and values like 1, true, 0, FF, 0xFF.

I would expect this feature to work in such a way that when it recognizes a certain MAC address asking for IP address, it would notice this condition pool and allocate an IP address from this range that I defined here. But so far I haven't been able to get it to work. It would be quite nice feature if it worked. I have few wifi devices which have the same MAC address range, and I hate having to sacrifice address reservation entry for them all. Using condition pool I could use one entry and give them e.g. 6 addresses and they could all get an address from that range.

If anyone knows how to get it to work, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

BR,

Vellu

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 2811

Replies: 0

Related Articles