Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-30 16:51:16 - last edited 2021-08-16 06:53:12
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 180313 Rel.54477n(4553)

Please help 

I can't connect my facebook page for wifi service, I follow the steps but when I save the configuration. the principal page show a mesain red that says "Configura Facebook Wi-Fi y cierra la ventana cuando se guardan los ajustes."

doesn't link the web page, please help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50 -Solution
2019-04-01 08:44:30 - last edited 2021-08-16 06:53:12

Hi,

Please update the firmware to the latest one first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c50/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1728/

Then please follow the instruction below to setup the Facebook Wi-Fi on it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2298/ 

If still the same, please show us a picture of the error message.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50 -Solution
2019-04-01 08:44:30 - last edited 2021-08-16 06:53:12

Hi,

Please update the firmware to the latest one first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c50/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1728/

Then please follow the instruction below to setup the Facebook Wi-Fi on it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2298/ 

If still the same, please show us a picture of the error message.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50
2019-04-03 09:19:33 - last edited 2020-01-06 11:40:36

I was searching For The same solutions. Thanks For Give the idea. Kudos website

Options
Re:Re:Re:Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50
2019-04-04 00:48:49

You are welcome, glad to help you.

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Problen with the configuration for facebook wifi on ARCHER C50
2021-08-14 16:14:28 - last edited 2021-08-14 16:18:50

@Kevin_Z I also have an issue that the page that should show Facebook Wifi does not exist. I assume because the Archer C50, AC1200 came from Amazon.com.mx and is in a Spanish labeled box that it may not have the correct firmware.

My

Firmware Version:

1.4.5 Build 201019 Rel.57444n(4553)

Hardware Version:

Archer C50 6.0

I would like to update with this firmware as the only reason I purchased the router was to allow clients to hook up via Facebook. I do have the Router set as Router and not Access point.  The reason I have not yet attempted updating the firmware is the warning on your site saying updating for the wrong region invalidates warranty. I would be happy to update for Mexico if the firmware supports Facebook Wifi. May I update without worrying about warranty loss?

Otherwise I must return this device to Amazon.mx as product does not work as advertised where it is listed on Facebook as Facebook Wifi compatible.

Photo of box attached

Options
2021-08-16 07:02:05

@k_graham 

Just to confirm, what is the country code or region version printed on the router label? Please show us the device label, you can cover the device MAC and SN for any security concerns.

Options
2021-08-16 16:01:37

@Kevin_Z  This is a photo, it appears to have a country code (es). So does that mean I need to return it to Amazon.com.mx as it does not have the Facebook Wifi login Option?

Or can I update firmware to something that has the Facebook Wifi login option?

Facebook only mentioned this Archer 50 as a TPlink router with the option. They did mention I think Oanda units but they were Access points and the Amazon description made no mention of what Router was required in order to use the access points, making for a hard sell.

Just as navigating TP-link site is difficult as it defaults to country one is in and is very poor at over riding with language preference. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin_Z wrote

@k_graham 

Just to confirm, what is the country code or region version printed on the router label? Please show us the device label, you can cover the device MAC and SN for any security concerns.

Options
2021-08-18 03:20:10

@k_graham 

Thanks for the device label. We found you already have an open ticket that reporting the same issue to the support team, please keep following the ticket with them, and they should confirm this for you.

Options
2021-08-18 14:13:52

Kevin_Z wrote

@k_graham 

Thanks for the device label. We found you already have an open ticket that reporting the same issue to the support team, please keep following the ticket with them, and they should confirm this for you.

Yes, it has been 5 days now, they have not advised me to try the US or EU firmware and the ES firmware does NOT have the Facebook Wifi login feature. In case no solution is found I have requested return from Amazon.com.mx and ordered a refurbished unit from Amazon.com (the only Archer C50 available to Mexico from the U.S. Amazon. If a solution presents itself before I return it, I have friends at a 2nd and 3rd business where they would use it if I get one working at my business. 

It seems unfortunate that TP-link seems to have taken 1 step forward and 1 back. The Facebook WiFi login feature possibly being a step forward, though not noted as available on any of your other routers except Oada link but not mentioning which router is needed to serve it. The login screen also seems a step back, in an older TP-link we have it has both name location for administrator and password, this one only password. With the 2 requirements I would assume it increases difficulty exponentially for hackers as they can no longer rely on only the passwords. 

I might also add that using your website from a country where my primary language is different is difficult as the site wants to keep pulling to Spanish, I hate to think if I was in Thailand or Russia where the alphabet is different. It would be nice if more work was put to providing the language of choice whatever country one was in.

I hate to complain as the 1st TP-links we purchased which are old and were only 2.4 ghz are still working fine and this at the ocean where salt air corrosion oxidizes the USB and Ethernet connectors if we don't coat them with silicone grease and electronics have a difficulty surviving their 1, 2 or 3 year warranty due to internal corrosion failure points but your older equipment has continued only becoming obsolete due to speed increases and new features desired.

Thank you. 

Ken

PlayaLindaHotel .com

Options
2021-08-20 03:44:16

@k_graham 

Sorry to hear that our product doesn't meet your requirement. We hope you could keep discussing the issue with the support team directly, they will try to provide a solution for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1980

Replies: 9