Is it unadvisable to use different language firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-31 12:17:00
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V13
Firmware Version:

Hello gentlefolk.

I'm currently living and working in Vietnam and my apartment comes with internet included. Unfortunately, I don't speak any Vietnamese. This presents a problem because I don't have a clue what anything means when I access my router settings. I'm considering installing the English version of my router's firmware, but the TP-Link website warns that installing firmware from the wrong country's website will void warranty. I don't really care about warranty, because if I do brick the router, I'll just replace it, but before I do, I was just wondering if there's a good chance of this actually happening, or is it just a case of an abundance of caution on behalf of TP-Link?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it unadvisable to use different language firmware?
2019-04-01 03:49:25

Hi,

It is not suggested to flash English version firmware, it may ruin the device.

While if you do not understand Vietnamese to install it, you can contact the local tech support and ask for English service. 

https://www.tp-link.com/vn/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

Then they can guide you to set it up.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 1

Related Articles