Main Deco Back Online after power loss, Satellite Decos Remain Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-05 17:51:12

My power went out this morning.  After it came back, the main Deco, connected to the modem is now online, however my other 2 refuse to come online.  It's been hours now.  I have tried to reboot the main one and the other 2 remain offline.  I cannot reboot them. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main Deco Back Online after power loss, Satellite Decos Remain Offline
2019-04-09 01:31:18

Hi,

May I know how do you connect the 3 Deco units to each other? In other word, what is the network topology/network diagram. 

Please tell us the Mac address of the 2 slave Deco units. 

How often it drops connection? And what is the light status of the slave Deco units at that time? You can power cycle to reboot them and check whether they back to work. 

Meanwhile, did you try to hard reset the 2 Deco units and reconfigure it yet? Or you can move them closer to the main Deco and give it a go.

Any updates, please let me know.

Have a good day.

rc81 wrote

My power went out this morning.  After it came back, the main Deco, connected to the modem is now online, however my other 2 refuse to come online.  It's been hours now.  I have tried to reboot the main one and the other 2 remain offline.  I cannot reboot them. 

Options
Re:Re:Main Deco Back Online after power loss, Satellite Decos Remain Offline
2019-04-09 20:10:07

I got them working again.  I bought this system to feed a better signal to my camara in the driveway.  When my power went out, the main one came back and the rest did not, and I could not access my camera.  They just had a red light on them.  I had to physically come home, unplug them and plug them back in?

This is a little disconcerning to think that they can't recover themselves and reconect to the network after a power outage?  If this is the case, I'd like to know, so I can buy a different system.  

Please let me know

Options
Re:Re:Re:Main Deco Back Online after power loss, Satellite Decos Remain Offline
2019-04-10 04:00:26

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, while cause you need reboot them manually to make them work, which is annoying I believe, we can do more troubleshooting and try to fix it.

How do you connect the RE Deco to the main one? By wired cable or wireless? 

Could you please tell me the Mac addresses of the 2 RE Decos?

Meanwhile, it is suggested to hard reset the RE Deco and reconfigure them to give it a shot. 

Any updates, please let me know. 

Good day. 

rc81 wrote

I got them working again.  I bought this system to feed a better signal to my camara in the driveway.  When my power went out, the main one came back and the rest did not, and I could not access my camera.  They just had a red light on them.  I had to physically come home, unplug them and plug them back in?

This is a little disconcerning to think that they can't recover themselves and reconect to the network after a power outage?  If this is the case, I'd like to know, so I can buy a different system.  

Please let me know

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1949

Replies: 3