Port Forwarding not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-06 06:30:44 - last edited 2019-04-06 07:06:31
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20170724 Rel. 51389(EU)

Hello 

Since a few Days my Archer C5400 is not portforwarding at all. All Services that need a Portforward are not working. FTP Server for Example or a Media Server. I rebootet the Router a few Times. I Checked anything. The Ports are Forwarded correctly (Image) in fact i did not change anything so it should  be fine. I have no clue what to do next but to be honest i'm pretty unhappy with this device. Since i got it i only have Problems. The Portforwarding is not the only Issue but for the Moment the most important. 

My Configuration looks like this. I got the ISP's Modem and the Router. The Router has a wired Connection to a TV and to a WD TV Live Mediabox. A third Cable goes to a Powerlan. The PowerLan Connection is going into my Office where i got one Client connected. That is the Main Workstation (WKS1 IP: "1.181"). Then i got a few Devices that connect trough WLAN. One of them is the Server (SRV1 IP: "1.180"). As you see in the Image the Ports are forwarded correctly and also in my Filezilla FTP Server (Image 2+3) those Settings are the same. 

Filezilla Port Configuration

When i connect to the FTP Server with the Internal IP of the Server (1.180), instead with the outside IP that needs to be forwarded, anything workes just fine. It's only a Problem with connections that come from outside. Same thing with my Plex Media Server. If i start it on my Tablet and use WLan anything is just fine. As soon i change to the 4G Connection of the Tablet with a external IP the Plex Server is no reachable.

1: Inside Network 
2: Outside Network tht needs the Ports to be forwarded

Just for Fun i installed Soulseek (Like old times Napster) that also requires a Open TCP Port. I choosed Port "57495" and made a new PortForward. Then i tested it with a test you can run inside Soulseek to check if anything is fine and the Result came back negative again.  

I can Ping my IP without any Kind of Problem. Also my Internal Devices are pingable without any Kind of Issue. As soon i test for open Ports the Result is negative. 

What i will do today just to test is the following. I will connect another Router i have here and check if anything is ok with that Router. Once done i will update the Result's here. In the mean Time i'm happy about any Idea that might could fix the Problem. 

Thanks in advance for any Idea Guys

Options
10 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding not Working
2019-04-06 19:09:01
Did you update the firmware at some point? On my Archer C8, port forwarding does not work with the latest firmware version so I dropped back to an older version. The User Interface was different in the two versions of the firmware. In my case it is just security cameras being port forwarded.
Options
Re:Re:Port Forwarding not Working
2019-04-07 04:47:17

Hello 

To be honest i made a Firmware Update but when i got the Router and that is a few Month back. Since then no i did not changed anything. 

Options
2019-04-07 04:49:41

Update to my first Post. 

I found my old Router in the basement so i changed the TP Link one with my old D-Link and not 5 Minutes later i was online and the Port Forwarding worked simply fine. I can access my FTP and Plex is again reachable from outside. 

So it's clearly a TPLink Router Problem. 

Since i still got warranty i will simply send it in and see what they say. 

Options
2019-04-10 11:02:17

Hi,

Sorry to respond late.

To locate the issue and fix it, our engineer has contacted you via email, if you are willing to do further analysis, please notice your inbox.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Port Forwarding not Working
2019-04-10 11:55:50

Hi Kevin 

I sawe the Mail and it was written to wait till he get's in touch with me. So il do that. 

Thanks 

Options
2020-03-22 02:25:55

@Farl0ppa I've seen numerous threads discussing the port forwarding issues and at some point, no further information, just wonder if you have your issue resolved? Thank you

Options
2020-03-30 15:02:12

@routernewbie Same. Port forwarding hasn't been working for me and I have not found any solutions. 

Options
2020-03-31 01:07:50

@Farl0ppa I'm having the same problem.

Options
2021-02-24 23:02:58

has any one come up with a fix yet

Options
2021-05-19 03:09:25

@Farl0ppa 

So i have the tplink mr6400 v5 4g i configured a  windows server 2008 r2 webserver port 80 Internet Information services  & remote desktop connection port 3389 doesnt work over internet external  public ip address then internal private  ipaddress only private ip work single ip address LAN working i cannot access anywhere over internet pubic ip adress

Normally i would access my pc from outside my house with my modem.

Now i wanna setup remote desktop connection and it doesn't work.

I used the right external and internal port for remote desktop (3389) and the ip of the pc i wanted to access.

But when i wanna acces it with my ip form my isp it cant connect to it.

It does work locally when I type the external public  IP address from the tplink mr6400 4g router  currently firmware v5 

If i check it of the port is open, i see its closed on overy ip adress that . https://gyazo.com/d66aec2b7541a238c55c75a9402aa7c3

This is my setup; the tplink mr6400 v5  4g router is connected to my modem and from  tplink mr6400 v5 Ethernet  connected to my windows server 2008 R2

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5064

Replies: 10

Related Articles