Best Wi-Fi Router / Modem Combo?

2019-04-06 12:30:19

Wondering what you guys think the best router/modem combo is for Xfinity.

My service will only be 60 Mbps down, but may want to upgrade in the future. I ordered an Arris and realized it is modem only. Tried a google search or two and didn't come up with any decent results.

Or should I use the Arris Surfboard and a wifi router?

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Replies
Re:Best Wi-Fi Router / Modem Combo?
2019-04-10 09:55:47

Hi,

Below are some cable modem routers.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/cable-modem-router/?filterby=5677

For your information, they all have 1000Mbps ports, you can choose one of them as your actual request.

Good day. 

saviobarnes wrote

Wondering what you guys think the best router/modem combo is for Xfinity.

My service will only be 60 Mbps down, but may want to upgrade in the future. I ordered an Arris and realized it is modem only. Tried a google search or two and didn't come up with any decent results.

Or should I use the Arris Surfboard and a wifi router?

Thanks in advance!

Options
Re:Best Wi-Fi Router / Modem Combo?
2 weeks ago

I think TP-LINK Archer C5 AC1200 Gigabit Router is a best wi-fi/ modem combo.

• The AC1200 is fairly easy to set up for home networks.
  • The device is highly compatible with ISPs, PCs, Macs, Linux and all mobile devices.
  • The AC1200 provides greater throughput than many other routers in the price range.
  • Parental controls can be easily administered.
  • WPS button allows users to easily set-up Wi-Fi devices.

For home networks that conduct bandwidth heavy tasks from multiple connections, the TP-LINK AC1200 provides superior speeds and extensive coverage.

It operates on simultaneous dual-bands providing 300Mbps downloads over the 2.4Ghz band and 867Mbps on the 5Ghz band.

It features 2z USB 2.0 ports for file and printer sharing and provides speeds that are suitable for lag-free online gaming and HD video streaming.

The AC1200 also boasts superior range thanks to dual antennas which provide better coverage.

In short, it is perfect for homes that chew through bandwidth but is also suitable for simpler tasks such as surfing the web and checking emails.

Whether it be a large home network shared by multiple users or for a small compact network, for this price you getting a lot of functionality that is absent from devices in a similar price range.

The TP-LINK Archer C5 is easy to set up straight out of the box and has 24/7 live support available to you if you have any troubles making the transition to the new hardware or maintaining the device in any way.

Good Luck.

IJ Start

Options