TL-WN881ND suddenly stops detecting wireless networks.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-07 00:02:06
Model: TL-WN781ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a problem with my TL-WN881ND V2, bought just back in Febraury. It randomly and for no apparent reason stops detecting my house's wifi connection, rebooting my PC is the only way to fix it but I'm worried about what it could mean. My PC is a Lenovo Think centre on Windows 8.1 and I'm postivie the issue lies with the adapter because other devices like my Smartphone remains connected to the wifi the entire time. 

Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND suddenly stops detecting wireless networks.
2019-04-10 10:42:20

Hi,

How far away between the main router and the computer? What about the signal strength?

Do other devices have the same problem?

It is suggested to change another PCI-e slot to plug and uninstall/reinstall the latest driver to give it a go.

If there is another computer available, you can do a comparison analysis as well.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-WN881ND suddenly stops detecting wireless networks.
2019-04-14 04:32:56

Hi, thanks for answering. 

-The router is placed in the room directly above mine, around 8'20", signal strenght is max accoding to Windows.

-No other devices have this problem

-I only have one PCI port on my PC but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter and the issue happened again just a couple of minutes ago.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-WN881ND suddenly stops detecting wireless networks.
2019-04-15 07:34:00

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Please check if there is any update for the adapter driver. If it is, please update the driver first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wn881nd/#Driver

About how to update:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/451/

It is suggested to disable/close firewall/antivirus softwares on your computer as well.

When did this issue start happen? How often does that issue appear? Was it working normally before? 

When it stops working again, please go to device manager->network adapters page and check if your TP-LINK adapter is detected. And if possible, please try to use this adapter in another computer and see if the issue is same.

Good day!

Options
2019-04-19 23:34:00

Hi again.

The adapter is up to date with the most recent driver and now the issue is becoming more common. I used to go weeks without happening and now it has happened to me twice on two consecutive days. This time I tried disabling it and enabling it on the Device Manager after the issue presented itself and that fixed it. I bought the adapter back on Feb 4th and the first time the issue happened was on March 2th, then it happened again on April 6th, April 13th, April 18th and today, April 19th. 

Unfortunately, I don not own any other computer compatible with the adapter to make a comparison. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-WN881ND suddenly stops detecting wireless networks.
2019-04-22 12:00:29

If there is no other PCI port and computer to do further test, I think that there is not much you can do. 

Try to contact their tech support to confirm whether the device is faulty and check the warranty is a good choice. 

Options
2020-07-24 03:07:25

@Dark_Tzitzimine Hi.

i too have the exact problem - i tried all the possibilities, such as changing the PCIE slot, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, reseting the network settings, but yet, only restarting is the only solution i find to make the WiFi work again. 

i Bought it on June 13th, and i started seeing this issue since 20th July 2002.

Can anyone plese assist on a solution for this??

Options
2020-08-05 00:57:26

@Dark_Tzitzimine  i have the same problem, windows 10 updated and my wifi stopped working, tried updating drivers but have the latest, check states wifi is working but no its not , uninstalled and reinstalled still no good, off to buy asus ac68 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4274

Replies: 7