Wifi and wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi and wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi and wire
Wifi and wire
2019-04-08 16:21:59
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought a TL-WR940N router ans it's work ok. But I have 4 pc at home, two wired and two wifi.

The wired wired pc are into the net but the wifi pc are unreachables, although all af them can 

access Internet, wired and wifi. In other words, the wifi connections are outside of the local net.

Wich router section does this function? Guest Network Wireless Settings?

Is this must be active? I don't know is it clear. 

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi and wire
2019-04-09 07:25:11

Hi,

All devices connected to the 940N should be in the same subnet. 

For the wired devices and wireless devices, it is suggested to check their IP address and default gateway first. 

Note: Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/ 

Meanwhile, do you connect the wifi devices to the host network or the guest network? 

Note: With guest network enabled and select "deny Guest To Access My Local Network", the devices connected to guest network won't be able to access host network.

Besides, please ensure that the anti-virus software/firewall on wireless devices has been disabled. 

May it help. Good day. 

gebra wrote

Hi, I bought a TL-WR940N router ans it's work ok. But I have 4 pc at home, two wired and two wifi.

The wired wired pc are into the net but the wifi pc are unreachables, although all af them can 

access Internet, wired and wifi. In other words, the wifi connections are outside of the local net.

Wich router section does this function? Guest Network Wireless Settings?

Is this must be active? I don't know is it clear. 

Thank you.

Options
Re:Re:Wifi and wire
2019-04-11 01:12:35

I think there is something wrong with the router.

If you ping to a WiF connected PC sometimes it's ok and sometimes is unreachable.

But if you conect a net wire to que same PC, without doing anything with the configuration the PC is detected 

inmediatly by the others.

My customer need the net working so the only solution was: disable DHCP into the Tp_Link and change all the PC to static IP.

Doing this the wired PC going on without showing the WiFi PC in Network section, but clicking Conect to a network unit and 

typing by hand the resource name (\\NAME-PC\folder )  I can connect and share folders.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wifi and wire
2019-04-15 02:22:20

Hi,

When the wireless PC cannot ping another wireless PC, do you have any internet issue on any one of them?

So, DHCP has been disable on this router 940N? In this case, we may need to check your network topology and see if there is any settings on your front end device. Could you please draw us a simple network scenario about your network settings?

If you change the router to AP mode with DHCP disabled like this faq, please make sure that Guest network is disabled:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/417/

Good day!

Options