Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-09 18:55:06 - last edited 2019-04-29 06:13:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi everyone,
since some time ago the Deco app detected a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus, and exactly the version 1.2.6 Build 20190308 (rel. 45598). The patch notes are very similar to firmware 1.2.5 of Deco M5 devices ... so my question is: did someone try it? Does it have the same problems of the Deco M5 firmware? Is it working fine? Is there any general feedback about it?

I'm afraid to upgrade, I use these things for everything ... and if they should stop working, I will be in big, very big, problems :P

Thanks in advice

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6-Solution
2019-04-28 19:11:04 - last edited 2019-04-29 06:13:59

Ok, since a couple of days the update became mandatory: you couldn't do anything in the app if you did't update to the latest version.

So I did it and, until now, everything just works as before (fingers crossed :D).

Thank you so much for the support :)

Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-10 02:07:00
Don't do it!!! I lost all connectivity and am still trying to resolve two days later.
Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-10 03:55:17

Hi,

we found that you spoke to our colleague and she follows up via email. 

To continue help and fix this problem, our engineer has contacted you via email to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox.

Thanks in advance. Good day.

Mrspikkle0801 wrote

Don't do it!!! I lost all connectivity and am still trying to resolve two days later.

Options
2019-04-10 03:58:03

Hi,

There is not much feedback reported by our customers; while cause Mrspikkle0801 met this issue, you can wait a while for potential loss and we are working on it now.

Any updates, we will let you know immediately.

Good day.

Fraxlin wrote

Hi everyone,
since some time ago the Deco app detected a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus, and exactly the version 1.2.6 Build 20190308 (rel. 45598). The patch notes are very similar to firmware 1.2.5 of Deco M5 devices ... so my question is: did someone try it? Does it have the same problems of the Deco M5 firmware? Is it working fine? Is there any general feedback about it?

I'm afraid to upgrade, I use these things for everything ... and if they should stop working, I will be in big, very big, problems :P

Thanks in advice

Options
2019-04-10 20:12:25

Ok then, I'll wait, the most important thing for me is stability :)

Thanks for the answers!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-11 00:53:30

Okay, thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

We are working on it, any updates, we will let you know. 

Good day.

Fraxlin wrote

Ok then, I'll wait, the most important thing for me is stability :)

Thanks for the answers!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-15 09:53:17

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

There is no problem with the firmware 1.2.6 Build 20190308 . So, please feel free to do a firmware upgrade. Any feedback, welcome to back.

Thanks, have a nice day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-19 05:28:19

Thank you for the feedback!

I'll wait another week, after the Easter, just to be sure to not ruin the holydays to anybody :)

It's good to know everything is going well with this version of the firmware.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.2.6
2019-04-19 06:04:35 - last edited 2019-04-19 06:05:45

Hi,

Haha, I totally understand, we found that  Mrspikkle0801 failed to update one of the Deco M9 plus, that is why he met some internet issue.

Our engineer guided him update manually and it works. 

So there is no issue related to the latest firmware. Please feel free to update it if you want. 

Any updates, just let us know 

Good day. 

Fraxlin wrote

Thank you for the feedback!

I'll wait another week, after the Easter, just to be sure to not ruin the holydays to anybody :)

It's good to know everything is going well with this version of the firmware.

Options
2019-04-19 10:54:37

Hi Fraxlin,

Very wise that you ask around before you actually do the firmware upgrade.

I use three M9 Decos in mesh and AP mode, and recently upgraded the firmware to the exact version you mentioned. It could be co-incidence, but as for now I would urgently advise you to restrain yourself from pushing the upgrade button! (I know, it can be hard...)

I went from a perfect working wifi network to a network which is as instable as it could be, instantly after the upgrade. On the end devices you notice the wifi signal disappearing constantly, with the message "authentication failed".

I searched through the forums and did everything possible, from restarting the Decos, to power-rebooting, to "forgetting network and building it up from scratch", but the best I gained was a few minutes of 'okay-ish' connectivity, and the rest is plain unusable.

There seems no option to revert to the previous firmware so next step is contacting TP-Link directly.

So, in all, unless someone has better experience (or solutions...), wait until at least the next firmware!

Greetings!

Ps the "very...very big problems" I do experience now too... in fact, 'the problems', all 3 of them, are complaining to me constantly and tell me to fix it! :)

Options
2019-04-22 01:37:54

Hi @LeMar ,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties with your Deco units, we can do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

May I know if all the devices cannot see the wifi signal? And how often it happens? How do you make it back to work?

Where did you see the "authentication failed" error message? 

At that time, what can you see on the Deco APP?

Besides, please try to simplify the network topology, that is to say, connect the main Deco M9 plus to the modem/internet source only with other 2 Deco units powered off, and reboot both main Deco and modem, after that, please test whether the wifi function works stable.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4618

Replies: 20

Related Articles