WiFi Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi Speed
WiFi Speed
2019-04-11 01:58:23 - last edited 2019-04-11 07:41:49
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20181227 Re;. 78313

Just got faster internet installed at home. Ran speedtest through using their router and speed exceeds 400Mbps routinely. Desconnected Spectrum router and connected my Deco. Ran speed test with the Deco speed test in the app and it exceeds 400Mbps, but when I run a speed test from any any device it is constantly less than 40Mbps. What is happening? I prefer my Deco system, but using the single WiFi router the cable company gave me provides much higher speeds.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:WiFi Speed-Solution
2019-04-11 03:22:04 - last edited 2019-04-11 07:41:49

Thank you for your help. As I was following your instructions, I noticed under the QoS screen that total bandwidth was set at my previous service max speeds. I used the edit function to run an automatic speed test. Now I am getting the speeds I expected from my new service. 

Thanks

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

With computer connected to the spectrum router directly, what is the speed you can get?

Please connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

Then in order to do comparison analysis, please connect your computer or smart phone to the 2nd deco and run the speed test and show us the screenshots.

Please check the link speed of your computer/smart phone as well.
Note: How to get the link speed: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/

Below are some suggestions you can give it a shot as well.
1. Please set QoS as standard. Open Deco app, go to more-Qos.
2. Please clear all high priority. In QoS page you can see device priority, click high priority and then you can clear them.

3. Disable the antivirus function, all the 3 rules. 

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it work.

Thanks a lot, and have a great day. 

dystopian wrote

Just got faster internet installed at home. Ran speedtest through using their router and speed exceeds 400Mbps routinely. Desconnected Spectrum router and connected my Deco. Ran speed test with the Deco speed test in the app and it exceeds 400Mbps, but when I run a speed test from any any device it is constantly less than 40Mbps. What is happening? I prefer my Deco system, but using the single WiFi router the cable company gave me provides much higher speeds.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi Speed
2019-04-11 02:36:30

Hi,

With computer connected to the spectrum router directly, what is the speed you can get?

Please connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it.

Then in order to do comparison analysis, please connect your computer or smart phone to the 2nd deco and run the speed test and show us the screenshots.

2. Please clear all high priority. In QoS page you can see device priority, click high priority and then you can clear them.

dystopian wrote

Options
Re:Re:WiFi Speed-Solution
2019-04-11 03:22:04 - last edited 2019-04-11 07:41:49

Thank you for your help. As I was following your instructions, I noticed under the QoS screen that total bandwidth was set at my previous service max speeds. I used the edit function to run an automatic speed test. Now I am getting the speeds I expected from my new service. 

Thanks

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

dystopian wrote

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:WiFi Speed
2019-04-11 07:40:57

Hi,

Great to know that it works finally. Congrats ^_^

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

dystopian wrote

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 3

Related Articles