MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE
2019-04-23 09:49:12

Hi,

You can try to change a different wifi name of the extender and give it a go. If still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do. 

Considering all the devices work properly except the Macbook, if possible, you can connect the Macbook to the network manually as a workaround per you said. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE
2019-04-23 12:38:20
Kevin, I tried changing the name of the extender's wifi, that worked just fine. But I only wanted to have one network at my house. I did some other tests: If I manually set an IP for my mac at the router and force the connection manually, the computer connects to the ip assigned. If I use the extender with another wifi name and connect to the extender's network, I don't know why but the router assigns another IP (different from the one manually assigned). Does it help?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE
2019-04-25 02:07:36

Hi,

Did you change the Mac from statci IP to DHCP once you connect to the extender's network? 

Use them with different network names is a workaround for now cause the Mac works fine at that time, but considering you want to use the same network name, you can try to setup a static IP for your Mac and check whether it works.

If still the same, to get stable connection, it is suggested to use different network names. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE
2020-09-04 20:10:16
Hi ElGabo, Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Thank you
Options
2020-09-11 10:18:01

@noursh 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you also have the issue that:  the MacBook failed to connect 850RE at first; then unplug the 850RE, MacBook could get connected?

What are the hardware and firmware version of TL-WA850RE?

By the way, what is the model number and operating system of the MacBook?

How about the model number of your main router?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-28 17:15:04

@ElGabo mine has the same problem, so confused!!!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE
2021-03-28 17:16:54

@Kevin_Z mine has the same problem!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MacBook problems with TL-WA850RE-Solution
2021-04-02 01:49:42 - last edited 2021-04-02 01:50:00

@Andychen Good day

For anyone who met the same problem , new firmware fixed the issue with MacBook very long time ago , so please make sure your tp-link device's firmware is up to date: 

Select hardware version and check the latest firmware for TL-WA850RE here:  

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware

How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device? 

At first, we should make sure other device like  laptop or  mobile phone is able to connect to range extender's SSID using the same password with no problem. 

It is recommended to set up a different SSID (Wi-Fi name ) for range extender so we could tell it's the Wi-Fi from router or the extender. 

If MacBook does not ask for the Wi-Fi password but got problem when connects to Wi-Fi, please delete Wi-Fi profile and reconnect to it with instruction below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/286/

If the same problem, please let us know the Model/ Firmware/ Hardware of your extender, and model of your MacBook, and share a photo of the Error when connect Wi-Fi on your MAC, thanks~

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles