TL-WR841HP hanging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR841HP hanging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WR841HP hanging
TL-WR841HP hanging
2019-04-14 09:07:03
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

1. Running TL-WR841HP use internet all users, but Suddenly not send range this router users not received internet access!angry 

but why?

how to solve this problem? anyone give me ans..?

2. TL-WR841HP Runnig this router but Occasionally automatic shut down. Why this problem?

Options
18 Reply
Re:TL-WR841HP hanging
2019-04-16 01:27:42

Hi, 

Do you mean the internet drop drops out frequently? If it is,  here are some suggestions for you first:
--Please ensure you have latest firmware version on this router:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/
If it is not, please refer to this link to upgrade:
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2139.html (wired connection is required)

--Please ensure you are dropping on wireless or both wired and wireless from the router.
If you are dropping on wireless only, please login to the interface of your router, change the channel to 1, 6, 10, channel width to 20MHz on 2.4G, and change the channel to 36, 44, 48, channel width to 20MHz on 5G.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-1523.html (advanced--wireless--wireless settings)
If you are dropping on both wired and wireless, please connect your computer to your modem that linked to the router, check whether you have internet or not.
If there is no internet on the modem, please contact with your ISP.

If there still exists same issue, could you please tell us some information?

So, how often does this issue happen, and which light on and off on the router when internet hangs?

Is there a modem that feeds the router or is it plugged into the Ethernet port in the wall?

Which country are you from and who is your ISP?

Good day!

Options
2020-12-05 15:39:46 - last edited 2020-12-05 15:46:10

Been experiencing the same problem with v5. I have updated the firmware to 2018-05-28 TL-WR841HP(UN)_V5_180402 to no avail. I am getting full signal bars but there's no data traffic. All the while I thought it was an issue with my ISP but when I isolated the problem I figured it was with this router. Restarting the router does not fix the issue.All LEDs are lit yet there's no traffic but when I connect wirelessly on my ISP's modem/router I am getting traffic. I tried medium power and chose a different channel (i used wifi analyzer app) to make sure I am not interfering with any other wireless networks to no avail. I changed network cable, nogo. Restored factory, nogo. Tried as range extender, nogo. I liked this router because of it's features but as of the moment it's just collecting dust. I posted in this forum since I noticed that there are other users experiencing the same issue and hoping that this will be noticed and you could release a new firmware. I had this router for 2 months now but only used this for 2 weeks. Your technical support in the Philippines is not even responding to emails.

Options
2020-12-07 12:18:15

@paparazz01 

Hello, do you mean you cannot upgrade the router firmware successfully? May I know which firmware were you trying to upgrade? Please ensure you are downloading the latest firmware on the local website:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wr841hp/#Firmware

As for the internet issue, please check what is the WAN IP address on the WR841HP when it is connected to the ISP's modem/router via Ethernet cable, ensure you got a valid IP address. 

If there is no WAN IP address on the WR841HP, please refer to the below guide to do some troubleshooting:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/138/

Options
2020-12-09 01:46:49

@Kevin_Z 

Hi @Kevin_Z thanks for your prompt response. 

What I meant was, it upgraded to the latest firmware however I was still getting the same issue. It would randomly lose connection say after 8 hours yet all the lights are lit. Status is connected on my device yet there's no throughput. But when I connect to the host there's connection. I restarted the tplink router and reset the ethernet cable but it's still the same.  I have to restart my modem to get back the connection on the router. To isolate the problem, I connected two clients directly to my ISP's modem router and 2 clients to the tplink router. Clients connected to the tplink router would complain that they don't have internet connection after about 12 hours or so of being connected whereas clients on the ISP's modem are running smoothly. For now I am not using this router and so far they have not complained getting disconnected from the internet. 

Options
2020-12-09 02:04:37

@paparazz01 

I see. May I know how many devices need to be connected to the network in total? Are all of them experiencing the same issue when connected to the WR841HP?

Have you tried to modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, then reboot the router to confirm?

What if you connect a computer to the WR841HP with an Ethernet cable, will it also lose the internet connection after some time? Is the WR841HP working as a router or an Access Point? If it is a router, when there is no internet on the devices that connected to it, how about the internet LED on the WR841HP, is it green or orange?

Options
2020-12-09 02:24:15 - last edited 2020-12-09 02:57:54

@Kevin_Z 

I see. May I know how many devices need to be connected to the network in total? Are all of them experiencing the same issue when connected to the WR841HP?

- 4-5 wireless devices are connected and all of them are losing connection at the same time. 

Have you tried to modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, then reboot the router to confirm?

- Yes, I changed it to channel 6 and 1 since there are no other devices on those channels and i set it to 20mhz only. I also changed it to medium power but it's still the same. 

What if you connect a computer to the WR841HP with an Ethernet cable, will it also lose the internet connection after some time? Is the WR841HP working as a router or an Access Point? If it is a router, when there is no internet on the devices that connected to it, how about the internet LED on the WR841HP, is it green or orange?

- I haven't tried connecting it directly to the ethernet cable so I cannot tell whether it does the same. I used it mainly as wireless router and at one point I used it as range extender and it still has the same issue even in extender mode. The LED on the this device are all white. 

Prior to this I have TL-WR840N which I never had any issues until it gave up after 4 years of using it 24/7. 

Options
2020-12-09 05:46:45

@paparazz01 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-12-09 06:04:06
Thank you Kevin. I got the email from one of the technical staff.
Options
2020-12-09 10:46:09 - last edited 2020-12-09 10:49:30

@paparazz01 

Could this be a conflict with IP?

I lost internet after almost 5 hours of connecting to the TPLINK wireless router. Status is connected and I can ping the  default gateway and the wireless router however there's no internet. Status LED are all white. I haven't tried connecting via ethernet cable since the other laptop that has ethernet cable is not here as of the moment. I restored internet on the TP LINK router without restarting the modem by releasing and renewing the IP under WAN settings. Below are the screenshots: 

Options
2020-12-10 05:34:33

@paparazz01 

Is this 192.168.254.254 the WAN IP address you got from the ISP modem? How about modifying the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then reboot the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3303

Replies: 18