M5 Vs M9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 Vs M9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 Vs M9 plus
M5 Vs M9 plus
2019-04-19 14:56:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought the Deco M5 a while ago, I'm now looking to extend the range however, I've done a quick speed test and found the existing router from my ISP provides a faster connection by half. Will the M9 plus provide a similar speed or is that irrelevant?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Vs M9 plus
2019-04-22 01:48:22

Hi,

The Deco M9 plus is a smart home mesh wifi system, generally speaking, it is more powerful than Deco M5. 

While back to your case, the speed can be affected a lot by the actual network environment; so it is hard to say. If the current speed from Deco M5 is slow, we can do some troubleshooting first. 

1. Please tell us your ISP and bandwidth/speed you paid.

2. The speed you can get from Deco M5 and the ISP router separately. 

3. Please test the wired speed and wireless speed from Deco M5 both and show us the screenshots of the results. 

4. Please check the wired/wireless link speed on your device and show us the results. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/

5. What is the speed test on the Deco app? 

Good day. 

TomBrad95 wrote

Hi, I bought the Deco M5 a while ago, I'm now looking to extend the range however, I've done a quick speed test and found the existing router from my ISP provides a faster connection by half. Will the M9 plus provide a similar speed or is that irrelevant?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3252

Replies: 1

Related Articles