Error code 9805

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Error code 9805

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Error code 9805
2020-11-07 17:37:44
Dear Vr600, Here pic of smd sot-23 and the yellow tantalum: https://ibb.co/3SVd9jD Can you be more accurate where this 0R resistor place according to my attached pic? Thank you Kobi
Options
2020-11-08 11:37:09

@kobig Hi Kobi, must check that again but from memory it should be R239, marked with "0".

Measure resistance to ground at that point and if it is shorted then that should be the resistor.

From sot23 datasheet you should be able to measure voltage at output coil, check for shorts to ground, etc. at that point and that might be shorted as mine was. Probably caused by the mentioned triple antenna circuit, therefore removing this resistor will probably also disable power to that part of the circuit. 

Note that there is an issue causing this and this is not a permanent fix. I think I lost Wi-Fi again a few months later, have to check that as this router is in my garage and not used much but I think it is down again. Cheers. 

Options
2020-11-09 10:44:45

@Vr600 Hello maybe yours is that problem but I checked the 0 ohm resistor next to the tantalium but that seems to be ok with me I have the problem that I cannot activate 2.4ghz wifi. can you help please. and as I check there is a lot of millivolts on this board . Is that correct? thanks

Options
Re:Error code 9805
2020-11-09 17:38:19

@eliran the solution that Vr600 proposes is not true do not try to get rid of that 0 ohm resistor. the thing that is bad is the upper broadcom chip is damaged . if you are under warranty just rma it

Options
2020-11-09 22:52:31

@den3d Hi, 

True is a word that does not apply to all cases as you know. 

In my case, having that specific error and a vcc line shorted to ground at that specific point in the circuit, I can assure you that the error disappeared, I was able to configure Wi-Fi, it did work for quite a few time, so it should be true in my case. I think it is not working now but haven't got time for this again, it was and is installed in the garage to work as an access point and I moved along with another solution before attempting to understand what's possibly wrong again, checking configs etc. Just not worth the time. 

There is obviously an underlying issue beyond removing a resistor/power line, no question about that. Removing it did work in my case, your mileage might vary of course. 

There's a pwm switching voltage at this point, made possible by the ic mentioned here in one of my previous posts, so it should be very straightforward to check the applicability of what I wrote. You have to get some voltage at the associated output coil/capacitor, otherwise it is not working. If you have the correct voltage then you should look elsewhere instead. 

Cheers

Hugo

Options
2020-11-09 22:59:46
And Yes, by all means rma it if is still under warranty. Just by trying to open it you will probably void it, and there should be no reason to open it and investigate a fault if it is still covered anyway.
Options
2021-02-09 01:12:06

@Vr600 

Do you have a picture of the resistor you mention. I'm gonna give it a try even if I'm going to burn down the house ;-)

I have the same error code on my AC3150.

I messaged TP-Link support-US and they were kind enough to offer a 10 to 15% discount on their official eBay store since I was out of warranty.

But the items they sell there are refurbished.

Options
2021-05-10 18:06:31 - last edited 2021-05-10 18:09:57

@Vr600 

You are genius! It is working.

How do you found it? Have you schematic of this board?

Options
2021-05-12 02:33:53

@liutas4x4 

Hi

No, I have no schematic but it is not normal to have a voltage regulator with output shorted to ground.

Removing the resistor you are removing the shorted part of the circuit shorting that voltage regulator, I have no idea what part it is but some hardware is also disabled. I think that vcc line traced down to the three chips near the antenna outputs, I would bet those fry out somehow.

I still haven't tested my router again but this is not a permanent fix I guess, mine went down again from what I remember. Worked fine for a while though. ;)

Cheers

Hugo

Options
2021-05-12 03:33:25

@Vr600 

Thanks for explaining.

Mine goes brrr for now. It is working as mesh extender between security cameras and NAS. As I see at WiFi android app, router's field is more narrow, compared to another the same VR600, but it is enough for me.

And yes, I understand, that it is temporary solution - something at broadcomm chip is dead. And will not to be restored this way.

Anyway, thank you for your bright idea.

Yours,
Eugenijus.

Options
Related Articles