My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-06-03 10:09:02

Any information or update regarding my issue coz there are so may people facing the same problem.... Guys kindly release an update for the adapter

Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-06-05 13:14:52

I am also having this exact same issue and it's really disappointing that there have been no updates or solutions givena as to why a product is not working.

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-06-10 06:24:02 - last edited 2019-06-10 06:27:34

Hi @Siddharth.D @Damob55 @Fhedaykinwe got feedback from our customer who had the same issue as you regarding to the adapter; he reported that problem was with the router from his internet provider. ISP uploaded new software to the router and 5 GHz works fine then.

So back to your cases, it is suggested to contact ISP or the tech support of the main router to update the software to give it a go first. 

Besides, you can tell more details: like the who is the ISP, the model number of main router as well. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-06-10 14:08:12

I have gone through software updates and settings changes to my router with my ISP and still can not get the adapter to connect to the 5ghz band. I am very sceptical that it is a router issue considering that 3 iPhones, 1 android phone and 2 other laptops with dual band wifi cards are all able to connect to the network with no problem. It is only the Archer T2U that is having problems. My ISP is Virgin Media Ireland and my modem model is VMDG500.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-06-12 03:25:33

Hi,

Our engineer will contact you via email later , if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Damob55 wrote

I have gone through software updates and settings changes to my router with my ISP and still can not get the adapter to connect to the 5ghz band. I am very sceptical that it is a router issue considering that 3 iPhones, 1 android phone and 2 other laptops with dual band wifi cards are all able to connect to the network with no problem. It is only the Archer T2U that is having problems. My ISP is Virgin Media Ireland and my modem model is VMDG500.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-11 16:42:30

You guys are F***** kidding here????
There are hundreds of customers out who are complaining about such a thing and you still have not fixed it. Worse your driver date is old as hell - 16.11.2017 <---- ??? Maybe it's time to fix your stuff and update to driver so when can download it and update it.

Needed today ASAP wireless adapter. Bought Archer T2U V2.

1. Connected it with Windows 10
  2. Windows 10 automatically installed "TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter".
  3. Driver version: 5.1.34.0
  4. Driver date: 16/11/2017
  5. Tried to connect 5GHz, did not work, I was not able to connect with 5GHz
  6. Okay, since drivers are obviously out of date I went this website https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-t2u/v2/#Driver
  7. Downloaded Archer T2U(EU/US)_V2_180522_Wins which also looks out of date: "Published Date: 2018-05-30", but promised newer drivers.
  8. Okay downloaded and installed it, and surprise, it looks like it's same driver "Driver version: 5.1.34.0 & Driver date: 16/11/2017"
  9. Anyway just in case tried again, and no, there is no way that I can connect to 5GHz.
  10. Same computer had no issues before to connect 5GHz, but with Archer T2U V2 I can't connect 5GHz
  11. Tested with another computer, exact same issues.
  12. ISP: Virgin Media.
  13. Every other device are able to connect 5GHz, but Archer T2U V2 can't. It's pretty obvious to me that it's a Archer T2U V2 issue here.
Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-11 17:02:55

Looked around and noticed that Aussie people found a solution. They changed TP-Link wireless adapter country code from 1 to 7. Sadly that solution does not work in Ireland. But if you are from Australia, go for it.

1. Device manager
2. Network Adapters
3. TP-Link Wireless Adapter
4. Properties
5. Advanced 
6. 5GHz country code from 1 to 7.

Options
2019-07-11 17:23:03

Also, just noticed that 2.4GHz gives maximum of 50Mbps not 150Mbps as advertised. Care to explain?

Options
2019-07-11 20:16:46 - last edited 2019-07-11 20:19:27

Same problem here cannot conntect to 5Ghz Connection anymore... also having a connectbox like Jakub_B

Multiple Android devices aswell as an Surface can still connect to 5Ghz

I have two Archer T2U AC600  Adapters both not working anymore with 5Ghz...

Pls give us an updated driver so that we can use our adapter again...

I bought both adapter less than 6 Months ago in Germany.. care to replace them and give my Money back if you cannot fix this issue?

I have already tried everything in this post

includeing reinstalling the driver manually (OS: Win 10 Professional 64-Bit) as well as changing the country region to anything else than 0 .. My Router is sending on Channel 36 (but others are not working aswell) rebooted the pc multiple times... treid diffrent USB-Ports... interchanged both adapters between both computers....

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-12 06:18:12

@Edragonxx @Bilbao 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, our engineers have been working on it already.

We have released a driver and try to fix it with the driver upgrading. You can email our tech support to get the instruction to update it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Options