My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-03 12:32:42

Something new? I just go a new one same type. Same problem

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-07 07:44:36

Hi, 

Our engineer has contacted you, if you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox. 

Have a nice day. 

Victor01 wrote

Something new? I just go a new one same type. Same problem

Options
Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-13 06:56:29
Hello, something new? Maybe new driver? Still the same problem :(
Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-14 05:05:09

i had the same issue my adapter was not able to detect the 5Ghz network, so i tried unistalling and reinstalling  the latest update from the tp-link website but this time when i was trying to install the installer says ( Not able to detect the device where as my device is connected to the Laptop) and i am getting 2.4 ghz band from it

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-15 01:50:25

Hi, 

Our engineer has contacted you, if you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox. 

Have a nice day. 

Jakub_B wrote

Hello, something new? Maybe new driver? Still the same problem :(

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-15 01:56:17

Hi,

What is the model number of your network adapter? Is it Archer T2U?

It is suggested to change the wireless channel of 5GHz, like channel 36, 40 or 44. After that, please test whether the computer can detect 5GHz network. 

Meanwhile, you can try to install the driver below to give it a go.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/2e8d04c5fd/?dl=1 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Have a nice day. 

Siddharth.D wrote

i had the same issue my adapter was not able to detect the 5Ghz network, so i tried unistalling and reinstalling  the latest update from the tp-link website but this time when i was trying to install the installer says ( Not able to detect the device where as my device is connected to the Laptop) and i am getting 2.4 ghz band from it

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-20 05:34:11

Kindly relesse a new update with all the issues fixed its been almost 5 Months you dont have a update for T2U Archer in India. I have seen many friends facing the issues of 5GHz band  

Options
Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-20 05:45:36
Hi my adapter is a T2U Archer AC600,Thanks for the reply Kevin but the link you gave me didn't help i have tried to change the wireless channel to the once given by you but didnt help.....
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-05-20 06:34:03

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineer is working on it now but no solution yet. 

Would you please provide more details to help us to locate the issue.

1. What is the model number of your router?

2. Who is your internet service provider?

3. Do you have the same issue with other devices?

Besides, please contact the tech support of the router to check whether there is a new firmware can be updated.

If possible, please use another 5GHz network to do a comparison test.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Siddharth.D wrote

Hi my adapter is a T2U Archer AC600,Thanks for the reply Kevin but the link you gave me didn't help i have tried to change the wireless channel to the once given by you but didnt help.....

Options
2019-06-01 12:39:25 - last edited 2019-06-01 12:43:48

Hi,

My Adapter: Archer T2U(EU) Ver 2.0, bought yesterday. I specifically bought it for the Dual Band!

Windows 10 Home 64bit

I see all networks. I can connect to the 2.4 GHz within seconds.

When trying to connect to 5GHz it seems to reboot the adapter before it is connecting. Not connecting at all.

• I tried configuring the Adapter in the device Manager first
  • I used multiple USB Ports
  • I tried all the software you already linked in this thread.
  • I switched the network from a/n/ac to ac and back
  • I reduced bandwidth to 20 MHz and reset it later
  • I tried channels 36, 40 and 44
  • I tried multiple configurations of the above
  • I uninstalled and retried everything AGAIN
  •  

3 Hours later: still no connection possible to the 5GHz network!

If I cannot use this as advertised, this will be returned and reviewed accordingly.

Options