My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-21 02:07:02
Hi, I have the same problem too with using TL-WDN4800 adapter. Still have no solution.
Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-23 08:32:12

I cannot get the Support Page to work to request the new driver... can some one explain to me how to get the new driver?

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-23 10:54:31

@Bilbao 

Click here to get the official driver for the T2U.

If you have installed the official driver but still the same, you can email our tech support to get some help then. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support  

Options
Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-23 11:25:33

That's what I told you... The current official driver doesn't work and the email form does not work as well.....

Kevin_Z wrote

@Bilbao 

Click here to get the official driver for the T2U.

If you have installed the official driver but still the same, you can email our tech support to get some help then. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-24 01:01:01

@Bilbao 

There was a similar case before, but we can open that link and start an email at our end. Could you please send us a screenshot of the email form you saw to locate the issue? 

Meanwhile, you can go to the site below to start an email or email to support@tp-link.com

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Note: You need enter the necessary information, like model number to start an email. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-24 04:56:48 - last edited 2019-07-24 04:57:33

First half of the Contact page works... on the second half i get the following message which means Send failed in German... treid it multiple times...

I dont understand why i have to tell you this a bunch of times... as other already said the same thing that the contact page doesnot work properly...

Options
Archer T2U does not connect to 5GHz network
2019-07-24 07:43:33

Bilbao, yeah they have pretty messed website, contact part does not work properly and login system is kind of messed up too. So I am not surprised anymore that Archer T2U drivers do not work. 

Also, these drivers what you will send you is not going to work either. Also pretty outdated driver.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-07-25 10:31:23

@Bilbao 

Thanks for your feedback, we will remind our engineer to work on it and check what happens there.

Meanwhile, I found that you have emailed us, please wait a while, our engineer will email you and give you the new driver to install it or so.

Thanks in advance. 

Options
Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5GHz Network
2019-08-02 16:42:46

I suggest that TP-Link would STOP selling faulty product and call it back! It's kind of pointless to sell a product which does not work in Europe and after months you still have no clue how to make it work, how to fix it. At the moment selling it in Europe is just damaging your company reputation every day.

I wish do return that product, since it clearly does not work with Windows 10 and I do need working product today, not in somewhere next year. It's pretty clear now that you have no clue why it does not work and how to fix it and when you are able to fix it.

Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-08-11 03:18:43

I was also having similar problems (slow 2.4g connection and the 5g connection would connect but the internet would drop). I am currently running the latest version of Windows 10 (1903). The solution for me was to turn off "Projecting to this PC". It can be found in All settings -> System -> Projecting to this PC, then selecting "Always off" from the top drop down box. From what I can tell from comparing my various machines (some running 1809 and some running 1903), it was a feature that existed in previous versions, but was possibly defaulted to enabled with 1903. The feature itself does not seem to play well at all with the tp-link Archer T2U regardless of driver version; however, turning of the project feature fixed the problem for me.

Options