Archer T2UH unable to connect to 5 GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 11:27:22 - last edited 2020-12-15 08:09:27
Model: Archer T2UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My adapter is unable to detect the 5GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem whereas other devices like my laptop and mobile phones are able to. There are no options on my router to change the wireless channels. I also face the same issue on my TP Link RE200 Wireless extender.

The 2.4GHZ signal is detected.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer T2UH unable to connect to 5 GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem-Solution
2020-12-12 04:58:06 - last edited 2020-12-15 08:09:27

@Kevin_Z Meanwhile I was able to figure out a way to change the channel on my Router to 40 and this apparently solved the problem. There is no direct way to change the wireless channel in the JioFiber modem as you cannot navigate from the published menus. Some googling revealed the work around. You need to log in to the web interface of the modem and then go to the search bar on top, type in basic and you get the options as shown in the picture. Here you have the option of changing the wireless channel. The default is "Auto", change it to 36/40/44/48 and save. The TP Link will start detecting the signal. My problem with RE200 and the Archer T2UH were solved with this. Hopefully this should help JioFiber users grappling with this problem with TP Link devices.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T2UH unable to connect to 5 GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem
2020-12-11 10:09:05

@dinu2506 

May I know what is the current Windows version of the computer, 1909, or 2004? You may verify it as below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Were you unable to detect any 5ghz or just your own one?

What is the model number of your JioFiber modem? May I know the reason why you cannot change the wireless channel on it?

Try to update the following driver if none of the above helps:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/T2Uv2.zip

How to install the driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Options
Re:Archer T2UH unable to connect to 5 GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem-Solution
2020-12-12 04:58:06 - last edited 2020-12-15 08:09:27

@Kevin_Z Meanwhile I was able to figure out a way to change the channel on my Router to 40 and this apparently solved the problem. There is no direct way to change the wireless channel in the JioFiber modem as you cannot navigate from the published menus. Some googling revealed the work around. You need to log in to the web interface of the modem and then go to the search bar on top, type in basic and you get the options as shown in the picture. Here you have the option of changing the wireless channel. The default is "Auto", change it to 36/40/44/48 and save. The TP Link will start detecting the signal. My problem with RE200 and the Archer T2UH were solved with this. Hopefully this should help JioFiber users grappling with this problem with TP Link devices.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer T2UH unable to connect to 5 GHZ signal from my JioFiber modem
2020-12-15 08:07:59

@dinu2506 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 3

Related Articles