re450v2 as a 2nd WAP on home network? will it work?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-21 14:57:08
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Can I use a re450 in WAP mode to improve the wifi coverage in my home?

I currently am using a TPlink re450 as an extender from my ISP to improve the wifi coverage in our house.

Can I switch it to WAP and use it to increase the wifi coverage in both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands?  Will WAP mode increase wifi bandwidth over the extender mode?

If I switch it to WAP mode,  can it have the same SSID's as the main router or should they be different SSID's?

will our mobile devices switch seamlessly between the AP on the main router and the WAP of the re450?

Thanks for any info.

Peter

Options
1 Reply
Re:re450v2 as a 2nd WAP on home network? will it work?
2019-04-22 08:41:25

Hi,

What do you mean WAP mode? Is it wireless access point mode? If so, RE450 supports, and below is the setup instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re450/#video or https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1143/ 

Note: In access point mode, the RE450 need connect to the main router by wired cable. 

And the RE450 is a dual band range extender, so it supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

In wireless access point mode, you can have different ssid and password. If you want to use seamless roaming, first, the wifi settings should be the same, second, your devices need support seamless roaming. 

If I did not get your point, please correct me and give me a detailed description. 

Good day.

petee_c wrote

Can I use a re450 in WAP mode to improve the wifi coverage in my home?

I currently am using a TPlink re450 as an extender from my ISP to improve the wifi coverage in our house.

Can I switch it to WAP and use it to increase the wifi coverage in both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands?  Will WAP mode increase wifi bandwidth over the extender mode?

If I switch it to WAP mode,  can it have the same SSID's as the main router or should they be different SSID's?

will our mobile devices switch seamlessly between the AP on the main router and the WAP of the re450?

Thanks for any info.

Peter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 1