Some internet access not work after change from old router to

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 11:20:12
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.18.1 Build 171030 Rel.43957n

Dear TP-Link

I just changed my old router model TL-WR841N V1  to new router model TL-WR940N V6.
After chnage seem some access not working (PUBG Game), but my old router model TL-WR841N V1 PUBG working as normal.
I have with ISP all configuration are the same, more over other internet access working smooth except PUBG.

Please help to check what is the reason.
I am looking forward to hearing from your support soon.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Some internet access not work after change from old router to
2019-04-23 02:14:14

Hi,

Is there any error message if you cannot access PUBG game? And if all the devices cannot access it?

You can change the DNS server on your computer and give it a go. For primary DNS, you can change it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for secondary DNS.

Note: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/14/ 

Is there any advanced features on the 940N? Like parental control. 

You can enable UPnP to give it a go. 

Besides, once you logged into the web UI, please go to network-wan page to change the MTU. 

Any updates, please let me know.

Good day.

Siden wrote

Dear TP-Link

I just changed my old router model TL-WR841N V1  to new router model TL-WR940N V6.
After chnage seem some access not working (PUBG Game), but my old router model TL-WR841N V1 PUBG working as normal.
I have with ISP all configuration are the same, more over other internet access working smooth except PUBG.

Please help to check what is the reason.
I am looking forward to hearing from your support soon.

Options