Votes

vr900v telephone book, small, but real bug

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread telephone calls, protocol and telephone book. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread telephone calls, protocol and telephone book. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 07:07:54 - last edited 2023-03-17 01:22:19

If you receive an international call from the UK, for example, the call log shows the number as +44....

If you copy and paste the number into the vr900v's telephone book, the web page says, you can only type numbers (not a "+") into the telephone book.

You can, of course, type in 0044..., but then when this number calls you, it announces itself as +44... and the vr900v does not match the number. It does not display on the caller ID (clid) on your phone.

I can see that this is not a serious problem. On the other side, one can imagine that it is not a huge programming task to change the number storage code or matching code.

Options
3 Reply
Re:vr900v telephone book, small, but real bug
2019-04-25 02:41:07 - last edited 2023-03-17 01:20:52

Hi,

Once you add the contacts into telephone book, try to set speed dial number for certain numbers and then dial it up, after that, please confirm whether it will match the outgoing calls through the router. And please show us the pictures of the 2 pages. 

Meanwhile, per you said, once there is an international call and you add it into the telephone book, how does it show up on call log page when it called again? Please show us the 2 pictures to do a comparison analysis. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:vr900v telephone book, small, but real bug
2019-05-12 18:17:51 - last edited 2023-03-17 01:20:52

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Once you add the contacts into telephone book, try to set speed dial number for certain numbers and then dial it up, after that, please confirm whether it will match the outgoing calls through the router. And please show us the pictures of the 2 pages. 

Meanwhile, per you said, once there is an international call and you add it into the telephone book, how does it show up on call log page when it called again? Please show us the 2 pictures to do a comparison analysis. 

I have not added a speed dial. It is not a number that I often dial, but I now have the number from the call log 
and phone book.

I deleted the end of the numbers and most of the name, but you can see the problem pretty clearly. The vr900v does not notice that +41 is the same as 0041. When the number matching was programmed up, nobody at tp-link thought about internation dialing rules.

Options
Re:Re:Re:vr900v telephone book, small, but real bug
2019-05-14 10:52:29 - last edited 2023-03-17 01:20:52

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; We are working on it now and trying to find out the solution at our end.

Cause it will take some time, please wait a while, any updates, I will let you know. 

Thanks for your cooperation and support in advance, have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1502

Replies: 3