Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 13:48:46
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I recently purchased an Archer C 50. This tp-link wireless router was purchased to replace a FritzBox router which only has one LAN port and no WiFi.

In the process of setting up the tp-link router, I am getting the message ‘WAN port is unplugged’ and the router does not connect. I have tried MAC cloning and changing the IP address to 192.168.2.1 but the problem is not solved.

The FritzBox router works with the existing cable connections directly to my iMac running Mac O/S X. Network details are IP Address - 192.168.178.20 / Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 / Router -192.168.178.1 

Can you please suggest what the problem might be.

Thank you.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-24 02:06:36

Hi,

With this error message, please connect the modem/internet source to the blue WAN port of C50 and then check whether the internet led comes on, which looks like a global or saturn. 

If it comes on, you can login to the web interface to configure it; 

If still off, please connect a cable from the blue WAN port to one of the orange LAN ports and then check the light status.

Besides, you can change another wired cable or hard reset to give it a go. 

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-24 03:28:55

Hi.

Many thanks. I'll give that a go and let you know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-24 08:33:08

whyayeman wrote

Hi.

Many thanks. I'll give that a go and let you know.

Sure, any updates, just let me know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-28 08:48:18

Hello.

"With this error message, please connect the modem/internet source to the blue WAN port of C50 and then check whether the internet led comes on, which looks like a global or saturn." That set up gives me the green LED lights lit up does not give me an Internet (Saturn) orange LED light. 

Connecting the WAN and LAN ports on the router gives me 4 green LED lights and the orange LED (Saturn) all lit up.

Grateful for your advice on what to do next.

Regards

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-29 01:50:50

Hi,

Cause the orange saturn led comes on with WAN port and LAN port connected, the WAN port is working fine now.

With the modem connected to the blue port of C50, the internet led should be on, no matter what color it is. If it is off, please change another cable or another port on the modem to connect them. 

Meanwhile, you can connect your computer to the modem with the same cable and same port which connected to the C50 earlier. 

Any updates, please let me know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-04-30 14:37:31

Hi.

I've now tried several cables and I'm still not getting the saturn symbol lit.

As you may have already guessed, I'm not internet-savvy!

The set-up which is working is as I explained which is a Fritzbox router (non-wireless) connected by a cable with 2 wires to the DSL port on that router. There is no modem.

So, that cable works with the Fritzbox router.

When I connect the same cable to the Internet (WAN) port on the tp-link router ... nothing!!

I have a whole selection of cables ... those with just 2 wires in the connector / those with what appear to have 5 wires (Cat 5)

Would you know if I can use the tp-link solely as a wireless repeater and, if yes, is there a link on how to connect the Fritzbox router to the tp-link wireless router?

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2019-05-07 06:47:29

Hi,

You said it is connected to the DSL port of the firtzbox router? And connect the same cable to the blue/wan port of C50 but nothing? 

If so, I'm afraid that you misunderstand something; there is no DSL port on the C50, and it can work with ethernet cable only; meanwhile we tested before, with the lan-wan port connected to each other, the saturn led comes on but red, that means the wan port is not faulty. 

If the Fritzbox router works fine, you can try to connect the wan port of C50 to one of the lan port on that router and give it a go. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Archer C 50 - 'WAN port is unplugged' problem
2020-08-11 06:15:45

whyayeman wrote

Hello.

I recently purchased an Archer C 50. This tp-link wireless router was purchased to replace a FritzBox router which only has one LAN port and no WiFi.

In the process of setting up the tp-link router, I am getting the message ‘WAN port is unplugged’ and the router does not connect. I have tried MAC cloning and changing the IP address to 192.168.2.1 but the problem is not solved.

The FritzBox router works with the existing cable connections directly to my iMac running Mac O/S X. Network details are IP Address - 192.168.178.20 / Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 / Router -192.168.178.1 

Can you please suggest what the problem might be.

Thank you.

lyzafashion is the name of a fashion icon. You can find the latest fashion trending outfits with a full range 
that suitable for all communities. lyzafashion deal bodycon, casual, Day, Evening, Maxi, Mini Shift, and Skater dress.

We are professional to deal with Best Carpet Cleaner of all ranges. we are dealing with top-rated quality brands of 
cleaner like Hoover, Doctor Rug, Shark, Bissell.  

https://bestcarpetcleaner.org
https://www.lyzafashion.com

<a href="https://bestcarpetcleaner.org">Best Carpet Cleaner</a>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 45681

Replies: 8