Deco M5 - Lost Information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 14:54:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.28

Just logged into my Deco app on Android and discovered that all my Deco discs are no longer visible and that the app thinks that I need to set up my system from scratch again.

Please advise

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Lost Information
2019-04-24 01:15:01

Hi,

What is the led status of the Deco M5? Can you get internet from the Deco units at that time? 

Try to reboot/power cycle them and close the app and re-open it, after that, please test whether you can detect the Deco units. 

Besides, you can uninstall the Deco app and reinstall it.

Any updates, just let me know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 - Lost Information
2019-04-24 09:09:59 - last edited 2019-04-24 12:23:52

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the issue continued.

However, could still access my WIFI cameras that were connected to the DECO network.

All LEDs were green when I got home.

Oddly, when I got home a couple of hours later, the information was back in the app and working as expected.

I then discovered that when I accessed the app when connected to a network outside of my home network (either via mobile data or my work WIFI) the disc information was not visible. The app worked as expected when connected to my home WIFI network.

I am pretty sure that I could access the disc information from work recently, so it seems that something has changed in the last few days.

I have just checked again via my work WIFI and cannot access the DECO discs but can access my WIFI cameras.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 - Lost Information
2019-04-25 01:09:57

Hi,

Please power cycle the modem and the main Deco, after that, please check whether you can access the Deco app remotely.

Note: You can enable the cellular data on your cellphone to test it. 

Besides, please tell me your TP-Link ID and the mac address of the Deco units.

Thanks in advance, and may it help.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 3

Related Articles