Hubs are getting verry hot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-27 19:10:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 40244

Today quickly and successfully installed a Deco M5 system in my house.  

What strikes me is that the hubs are getting very hot.  

Is that normal?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hubs are getting verry hot
2019-04-28 01:38:22

Hi,

As an electrical device, it will produce heat.

FYI, regarding to M5:

Environment Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉~104℉)
Storage Temperature: -40℃~70℃ (-40℉~158℉)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing

Meanwhile, please use the original power adapter and locate it in an open and ventilated place. 

May it help and have a nice day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Hubs are getting verry hot
2019-04-28 14:21:40

Thank you for your response.  Of course I know that an electric device can get hot.

But with normal use I measure around 52 degrees Celsius on average.  

I think that's very much.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Hubs are getting verry hot
2019-04-29 05:59:25

Hi,

I confirmed with our engineers, per I said, cause Deco is an electrical device and a wifi router, it is normal to produce heat, on the other hand, given the small and thin housing design, we can feel the heat in that case. 

And 52 degrees Celsius won't affect its performance. Below is a statement/instroduction you may refer to. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1902/

May it help and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 3

Related Articles