Issue with TP Link Router Not connecting to Modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-30 07:16:37 - last edited 2019-04-30 07:42:53
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

My 6 month old TP Link Router just stopped being connected to the internet. When I plug the ethernet cable directly from the modem (not modem/router) I have a connection. Cycled modem and Reset router and started over. Went into router and at IP address it just freezes on "Connecting" .

I aslo called
TP Link support and they said "Excede pushed a firmware update and it is not providing an IP address to the router. They have had many calls on this and am working with Excede to resolve the problem."  Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the modem or router? I do not have another router to swap out for a test. Help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with TP Link Router Not connecting to Modem.
2019-05-05 06:46:34

Hi,

What is the model number of your main router? 

With computer connected to the modem directly, please follow the instruction below to check the IP address and default gateway and send a picture to us. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

After that, please connect the computer back to the TP-Link router by WIRED CABLE and login to the web UI to clone the Mac address. 

Besides, please tell me the current hardware and firmware version; 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

anderwdavis wrote

My 6 month old TP Link Router just stopped being connected to the internet. When I plug the ethernet cable directly from the modem (not modem/router) I have a connection. Cycled modem and Reset router and started over. Went into router and at IP address it just freezes on "Connecting" .

I aslo called
TP Link support and they said "Excede pushed a firmware update and it is not providing an IP address to the router. They have had many calls on this and am working with Excede to resolve the problem."  Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the modem or router? I do not have another router to swap out for a test. Help!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 753

Replies: 1

Related Articles