No wired devices possible on Deco M9 Plus in Router-Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-03 07:46:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Because of all the troubles with DHCP in AP-Mode, I tried to use the Deco M9 Plus in Router Mode.

Added a used a network cable to connect the main Deco to whe existing router and set is to router-mode.

After restarting all Wifi devices work as expected.. even the ones that didn't work due to the Deco taking over some DHCP requests from my main DHCP server earlier, so this would be an option, untill I needed to connect to my Cabled Virtual server.

I cannot connect it to the other (still free) port of the M9, so access to all wired devices (that are all wired to the closet containing the router and main Deco) is impossible ?

Would like to hear if I'm overlooking something or that it's just impossible to use wired devices while in router mode.....

Options
6 Reply
Re:No wired devices possible on Deco M9 Plus in Router-Mode?
2019-05-05 02:04:50

Hi,

First, the DHCP server is disabled in AP mode, while if the connection drops out, the DHCP server on the Deco will turn on automatically temporarily so that you still can manage it with the Deco app; and it will be disabled once the main router back to work. 

Back to your case, is it the current network topology? Main router --Deco(router mode)--/))((2nd Deco? -- means ethernet cable, ))(( means wireless. 

If the cabled virtual server need to be connected to the existing router directly, to access it with the device connected to the Deco M9 plus, you can open a port/enable port forwarding feature on the existing router to do so.

May it help and have a nice day. 

DLMax wrote

Because of all the troubles with DHCP in AP-Mode, I tried to use the Deco M9 Plus in Router Mode.

Added a used a network cable to connect the main Deco to whe existing router and set is to router-mode.

After restarting all Wifi devices work as expected.. even the ones that didn't work due to the Deco taking over some DHCP requests from my main DHCP server earlier, so this would be an option, untill I needed to connect to my Cabled Virtual server.

I cannot connect it to the other (still free) port of the M9, so access to all wired devices (that are all wired to the closet containing the router and main Deco) is impossible ?

Would like to hear if I'm overlooking something or that it's just impossible to use wired devices while in router mode.....

Options
2019-09-23 10:06:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I tried to connect my laptop directly to my M9 using LAN cable but my laptop unable to get an internet connection but it's another story through WiFi. Any idea how I can get the internet connection through the cable by just using the Cable?

Options
2019-09-24 08:33:32

@Rocksteady 

Theoretically, the wired connection will work if the wireless connection works already.

With PC connected to the Deco M9 plus, click here to get the IP and gateway. 

Try to ping the gateway of the Deco, which is 192.168.68.1 by default. 

Besides, please change another computer or another ethernet cable to give it a go. 

You can try to swap the locations of the Deco units or hard reset them and reconfigure. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-30 07:11:31

Hi @Kevin_Z 

I've tried with different Laptop, swap Decos and reset them but I still unable to get an internet connection through the ethernet cable. Possible this is caused by IPTV configuration? As I'm still able to get an internet connection through WiFi.

Options
2020-01-08 11:55:11

@Rocksteady  The second  Ethernet port on the main deco will only support IPTV if you enabled IPTV in the App Advanced settings (according to the comments in the app. 

side comment: In reality I am guessing that enabling IPTV will create a VLAN on the second Ethernet port -  that's at least what my iPTV provider HD BOX requires. 

Options
2020-01-09 03:33:30

@MartinBL 

The IPTV settings is decided by the IPTV mode supported by the ISP and the related configuration parameters; some of them do not need VLAN ID, while some require it.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5326

Replies: 6