Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8
2019-05-12 21:34:01

If there is no way to do downgrading through the application I hope if there other method using USB port 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8
2019-05-13 01:22:15

Hi,

Hard reset won't affect the current firmware version. Back to your case, please give us more details so that we can try to fix it.

a. the current network topology/diagram.

b. more details about the current unstable connection, like the light status, frequency, the stability of the front-end device and so on. 

c. how do you get it back to work after you lost the connection

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Screen_Name wrote

Hi Kevin_Z,

I am having the same issue, any way of fixing it without doing a hard reset?

I have Deco M9 +

Edit: I've tried doing a hard reset but it didn't reset the firmware to an older version,

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8
2019-05-13 01:24:38

Hi,

We asked the cloud ID to do further analysis, while we do recognize the GDPR and we have noted that. We will pay more attention on it. 

It is a troubleshooting method to disable fast roaming or beamforming. And regarding to the open network, the device will broadcast an open network by default as it updated to the latest firmware.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

BigE0n wrote

Why did you have to turn off both beam forming and fast roaming? Was it because of the open network problem? How do you know the open network went away if you disabled fast roaming?

Also I think TP-Link need to check the Data Protection Act and GDPR, it is definitely not a good idea to be asking users to post usernames / email address information

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nodes unstabe after upgrading to 1.2.8
2019-05-13 01:25:46

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that there is no method to downgrade it via the Deco app yet, and the USB port is not available to do that either. While it can be used to charge some other devices. 

Have a nice day. 

Alriyada wrote

If there is no way to do downgrading through the application I hope if there other method using USB port 

Options