Deactivate Wifi for one P7 and having it ON with the others ; PS : planning ON/OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deactivate Wifi for one P7 and having it ON with the others ; PS : planning ON/OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-06 09:36:46
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

Sorry in advance but I'm not a native english speaker/writter.

I've got my internet provider router in what will be the future baby room (not by choice, only physical place with the access and would cost tons of money to move it...).

Was planning with the mesh + PLC marketted P7 to :

- deactivate WiFi on the router + the main P7

- through PLC having one or more "slave" P7 on the first floor away from the future baby or even for a limited time PLC only and no WiFi.

Choose P7 as an evolutive solution PLC in a first period of time then using full potential with mesh. It seems, it wasn't the smartest choice because of the Mesh Only approach. I can't manage P7 individually and I'm not allowed to turn off both WiFi and using PLC only because you have to be connected on the WiFi to manage the P7s there is no way of doing it through a webclient via ethernet on my PC.

No documentation in my native language and the others topics seems a bit complex for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS : will there be an update that may allow us to turn of WiFi between X hours ranges, that would be great.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deactivate Wifi for one P7 and having it ON with the others ; PS : planning ON/OFF
2019-05-07 01:26:33

Hi,

The Deco P7 will create the mesh network via ethernet cable or wifi; compared to other Deco series products, it supports PLC backhaul, while it cannot pair with other powerline adapters via the PLC backhaul feature. 

You can deactivate the wifi on the provider's router or make it as bridge mode and the connect the main Deco to it by wired cable, and connect the slave Deco to the main Deco by cable or wifi to create the mesh network. 

Meanwhile there is no wifi schedule feature supported, you can turn off the wifi manually as a workaround; and we will remind our R&D colleagues and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deactivate Wifi for one P7 and having it ON with the others ; PS : planning ON/OFF
2019-05-07 08:07:54

Okay,

So for the time being just have to buy a "junk" PLC besides the Deco (not very earth friendly and a little bit of shame for such an evolutive solution).

Or hope for an happy update...

The only wall of feasability is to be able to manage the set up with a computer over an ethernet connection.

Thanks and keep up with the good work

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deactivate Wifi for one P7 and having it ON with the others ; PS : planning ON/OFF
2019-05-07 08:25:08

Hi,

The Deco P7 is not claimed to work/pair with other powerline adapters, instead, it is used to act as the powerline backhaul to improve the actual performance of the Deco; for the powerline adapters, they still can connect to the P7 to get internet, but cannot work with the powerline backhaul feature together. 

Meanwhile, our R&D colleagues are working on it and evaluate the feasibility to add the web UI to manage the Deco now. You can keep an eye on the official website or Deco app for updates. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 3