Best TP-Link wifi option for a wired network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-08 03:38:47

I am planning to replace my old routers.  

My current set up involves direct ethernet connections (via a Patch Panel) from three ethernet ports in my ISP’s modem router to 3 routers located in different rooms of my large two story house.   Each of the routers: are set up in bridge mode (I cant set my ISP router in bridge mode); are connected to some devices (eg Mac, Apple TV, Smart TV) by ethernet ports (without the need for an additional powered switch); and are set to create a wireless network with the same network name and characteristics.  Together they also create a roaming wireless network for my portable devices as I move from room to room.

What is the best/ most affordable  TP link hardware option to replicate this arrangement?  A mesh network using wired backhaul? (can this be done with the ethernet connections described above?);  or 3 stand alone wireless routers each set up in access point mode with the same wifi details?    Will I need to buy a more expensive wireless router to get wireless roaming between the access points, or will a more basic router do the job?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best TP-Link wifi option for a wired network
2020-06-17 10:32:58

Colly100 wrote

I am planning to replace my old routers.  

My current set up involves direct ethernet connections (via a Patch Panel) from three ethernet ports in my ISP’s modem router to 3 routers located in different rooms of my large two story house.   Each of the routers: are set up in bridge mode (I cant set my ISP router in bridge mode); are connected to some devices (eg Mac, Apple TV, Smart TV) by ethernet ports (without the need for an additional powered switch); and are set to create a wireless network with the same network name and characteristics.  Together they also create a roaming wireless network for my portable devices as I move from room to room.

What is the best/ most affordable  TP link hardware option to replicate this arrangement?  A mesh network using wired backhaul? (can this be done with the ethernet connections described above?);  or 3 stand alone wireless routers each set up in access point mode with the same wifi details?    Will I need to buy a more expensive wireless router to get wireless roaming between the access points, or will a more basic router do the job?

The most ordinary router should work. Look at the diameter of the territory and conduct.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 873

Replies: 1

Related Articles