My TP Link WiFi Range Extender Does Not Find My Home WiFi Upon Scanning During Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TP Link WiFi Range Extender Does Not Find My Home WiFi Upon Scanning During Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-11 08:18:01
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

During set up, I used quick setup and scanned available wifi. However I do not see the home wifi on TP link set up page. My other devices are connecting to same network and there is no issue with those connections. I am also using Ring Door Bell 2 and for this device I changed the channel to 11. Please help

Options
1 Reply
Re:My TP Link WiFi Range Extender Does Not Find My Home WiFi Upon Scanning During Setup
2019-05-14 03:31:36

Hi,

Please locate the extender 3 meters away from the main router and then relogin to the web UI to scan the home wifi network.

Try to rescan it for serveral times. 

Still the same, change another wireless channel of the main router, like channel 1 or 6. Besides, please ensure that the current firmware is up to date. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa860re/#Firmware

Any updates please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1858

Replies: 1