MAC Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MAC Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MAC Address
MAC Address
2019-05-11 13:38:14
Model: RE270K  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: .1.10 Build 20170920 rel.41527

I want to set a static IP for this range extender. When I look on the unit itself, its MAC address starts with 50:. If I look at the router level and with apps that report network ip addresses the RE270K's MAC address starts with 52:

I have never seen this before. I also own a RE370K and that one doesn't have that problem at all.

The question is how does this happen and what do I do at the router level? At the moment I have used 52: for the RE270K's MAC address. Does that make sense? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:MAC Address
2019-05-15 10:35:53

Hi,

The MAC address starts with 50 is the MAC address of the 2.4GHz / ethernet port of the RE270K.

While for your information, the RE270K uses proxy mode to connect to the front-end router, and it will create a virtual MAC address to connecte to the router, This MAC address starts with 52, which you saw on the router's web interface. 

So you do not have to worry about it, it is normal. And it won't affect the performance of the router or extender. 

If you want to setup a static IP for the extender on the router's web interface, you can use the MAC address which you saw on the web interface of the router to do it. 

Or you can use it as dynamic IP to get IP address from main router automatically. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 1

Related Articles